+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip or back?  (Read 1199 times)

gasyz

Hip or back?
« on: November 03, 2017, 06:45:37 PM »
After getting a bit over excited lately with my sporting pastimes I've developed severe pain in my back/pelvis on my none BHR side.I know I have wear in that hip as well and will need it replacing at somepoint.I saw my physio/massage practitioner and after a lot of examining he came to the conclusion that the pain is from Facet joints in the back.I do trust his judgment but in the back of my mind I have a feeling it could be refered pain from my worn out hip.It feels like I've been hit on the pelvis with a hammer and the pain travels from around the side of my lower back to the front and slightly down into the hip socket.Has any one else has this pain experience.Cant really decide whether it's Back or Hip.
Rbhr 60/54
Ronan Treacy, 5th September 2015

petemeads

Re: Hip or back?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 11:39:49 AM »
Hi gasyz, I am in the process of getting my facet joints sorted out by a chiropractor. No massive pain but stiffness from the base of my spine for the last ten years, which seemed to get a bit better after my left BHR but there was still stiffness on the right side. Now I have a right THR which is 6 months old but the stiffness has not improved hence the chiropractor visit. I had a couple of X-rays which look good apart from the fascia joints so he has manipulated me a couple of times to free things up and I am feeling better for it, and ran a PB for 2 fake hips this morning. Worth a punt I reckon, but it could all be down to your other hip getting fed up - mine went very quickly once it had had enough..
Good luck, and let us know how you get on,

Pete
Age 72, LBHR 48mm head 18th Nov 2014 and RTHR 36mm head Zimmer ceramic/ceramic 2nd May 2017 by Mr Christopher Kershaw, Spire hospital, Leicester UK.

chuckm

Re: Hip or back?
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 02:19:04 PM »
Gasyz - Try sleeping with a pillow or pillows under your knees when on your back and between your knees if on your side. If you get any relief from that then the problem is your hip causing your back muscles to spasm.

Chuckm

Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat