+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: David’s Update - Four Months Post Hip Resurfacing w/ Dr. Gross  (Read 1416 times)

davemckg

Earlier today someone who is having hip resurfacing next month reached out to me to check in for an update on my status.  It was a reminder to me of the importance and responsibility to share hope for those that are living with pain and wondering “am I making the right decision?” Here was my response....

thanks for reaching out. First of all let me say that I know exactly where you are right now. I’ve had recent situations that have had me reflect on the state of my life/ condition one year ago at this time. A year ago my 88 year old father carried himself better than I did - one of my biggest fears was that I would drop something and need to[/size]Figure out how I would pick it up - usually having to sheepishly ask that a complete stranger pick it up for me.  I was never an athlete or had tons of flexibility - when I was in your place I felt like most everyone’s story was a marathon runner - so I had concerns wondering how I would fare? I’m still not an athlete and I’m still not super flexible but I’m not in pain and I no longer get around like a 90 year old man. I had both hips resurfaced this past year - the first in mid July and the second at the end of August. I continue to make progress every week. “Big milestones” include being able to put on my socks and shoes without assistive devices, being able to easily get in and out of my car, sitting on the toilet without pain and a “booster seat”, and not even having to take a single Tylenol to get me through the day. Surfacehippy was such a great resource for me when I was in your same spot - your note is a reminder to me that I need to update “my story” so that others can have confidence in knowing that they are making the right decision to take back their life from pain. Best of luck to you! Please feel free to reach out if I can help answer any questions. David

surratt

Re: David’s Update - Four Months Post Hip Resurfacing w/ Dr. Gross
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 09:00:48 PM »
yeah man being able to read stories and see how it was at the 1 week mark all the way to a full year is very helpful...  Im 3 weeks post my bilateral hip resurface with Dr. Gross.  I was very anxious about the surgery and how things would be and everything involved.  Was i making the right choice getting my body permanently changed?  Man im only 3 weeks out and i crutched 1.5 miles today, while my hip muscles arent built back up yet the arthitic pain that would be terrible after that distance before surgery is gone.  I am so happy i finally went through it.  I will say the first week or say is very scary but the worst is over soon
Bilateral Hip resurface Dr. Gross
12/13/17
12/15/17

karlos.bell

Re: David’s Update - Four Months Post Hip Resurfacing w/ Dr. Gross
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 04:27:30 AM »
 :) Cool David. Great post........
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz