+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Best decision ever...well almost  (Read 1441 times)

hipnhop

Best decision ever...well almost
« on: April 17, 2018, 08:59:46 PM »
I haven't posted on this forum in a while. Life continues...we all get busy but the hips are working fine. I just got a Happy Birthday email from surface hippyh and I knowI had to reciprocate. When going through my hip issues, this forum has been an excellent source of comfort and support. It's been a while. I honestly don't even remember when I had my surgeries. I guess if I look below I can reflect on those days but they have long been passed. My hips are working fine have completed 3 ironman's and a whole bunch of other races. I just want anyone who is thinking about resurfacing to know that it worked out well for me.  It allowed me to live a very active lifestyle. Today I have other issues (rotator cuff, herniated disc, and others) that limit my activity. Not the hips. I thank God for all the post hip surgery active years. Going to figure out this back thing as I don't want these two sexy hips to rot from non use. Good luck all.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 09:03:19 PM by hipnhop »
3/2011 and 2/2012 HR Dr. Craig Thomas

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Best decision ever...well almost
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 09:34:59 PM »
Hi Ed

Thanks for stopping by and giving us an update. 

I hope you finda solution to your health problems and get back to your Ironman competitions and any other race you want to do.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 12:29:19 PM »
Nice post and good luck...
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

karlos.bell

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 03:57:18 AM »
 :) Back try looking up Spinal Kinetics M6

http://www.spinalkinetics.com/m6-l/m6-l-overview/

I have 2.
Yep I am no iron man but I hunt some steep hills and carry deer out by myself in no mans land. I take a ELB.
Real confident and these things take a hiding. I gave my back a hard life in early years motocross - lifting - waterskiing - wakeboarding and really my body ant designed for the punishment I gave it. I was told I would never walk when I was 18 due to bikes bullet proof I thought in those days.... 52 now and have some sense. No Iron Man but I am enjoying life.

I have done 4 half marathons on these and carried massive weights I thought I would fold but they seems to be awesome. Like anything look after them get strong before one attempts actions.
Easy fix was I don't do the things that cause the issues.
Iron mans are hard on the body long term maybe time to look ahead at alternatives like flying planes cutting back on the training.Get the cuff and others sorted they call it the shopping list.....

I am now down to chipped left elbow - tendonitis due to water skiing left elbow.
Had Labral tear right shoulder and impingement (could not use my right shoulder a defect).

Get them fixed before you get too old.
I enjoy every day of life now after being on cructhes for 8 years due to my hips but yet other things as well held me back. Worse was the hips..... Congenital issue I never saw coming........ 8)

Good on you.... Cheers K
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 04:05:09 AM by karlos.bell »
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat