+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Restricted movement 9 months post op  (Read 3454 times)

Coby Taylor

Restricted movement 9 months post op
« on: April 21, 2018, 05:39:10 AM »
Hey Hippy’s,

So 9months since surgery. Everything was going great for 6 months. Got the all clear to be unrestricted. Started surfing and exercising more . Started to get groin pain lifting leg up to chest or doing leg extensions. Seen surgeon said it would settle . Still has not . So 9 months now . Prior to six months none of this hurt. Jumping to burpee hurts , doing box jumps hurts. Kneeling then lifting my operated leg forward to step up hurts just like before surgery. If I lift leg up a bulge is visible on the outside of my hip . Seen physio they said don’t get steroid injection into psoas / throcanter . Surgeon said get injection.

Has anyone been through this . Now I have pain like I have done a big squat day in my quads . Could this be a clot . Need help . Seen to be at the same point prior to surgery.

Ljpviper

Re: Restricted movement 9 months post op
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 05:39:27 PM »
Coby,

Did you finally get the injection? Did it help?

Regards,

Larry

MattJersey

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 02:35:59 AM »
What kind of device and which surgeon Coby?

I would be asking for more diagnostics such as MRI and try to get an expert view on what the bulge is.
28 April 2015, RBHR Mr McMinn

Coby Taylor

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 07:44:16 PM »
Hey ,

Yeah it’s adept device . Surgeon was A/prof Bill Walter. Injection worked for about 3 days . So it would seem that this tendon is causing the problem.  Has eased a little bit still doesn’t feel right . See surgeon in 2 weeks. Apparently you can do arthroscopic surgery and divide the tendon . On MRI it shows glute mead not attached to throcanter  and a haematoma and some bursitis too and odeama. I think that’s what the report said . But it said psoas anterior looks fine . So hopefully some outcome when I see surgeon next . I will keep in touch and let you know after I see the surgeon

thanks
Coby

John C

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2018, 09:32:29 PM »
I asked Dr Gross about steroid injections in the event of some soft tissue issues post surgery. He said that he occasionally recommends cortisone injections, but prefers waiting until one year after surgery in order to give the soft tissue a reasonable amount of time to heal, and then only after giving physical therapy a good try. In the case of my first hip, I had some issues with trochanteric bursitis between 9 and 18 months, but rest and physical therapy took care of it before we got around to the injection option.
Remember that the soft tissue takes at least 18 months to fully heal, so time wise you are only halfway there, and it is not unusual to have issues pop up and then recede. In my case it was about two or three years before I completely stopped having any soft tissue issues.
Best of luck, and I hope things resolve quickly for you.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Coby Taylor

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 04:00:01 AM »
Hey Guys ,

So just had surgery to lengthen psoas tendon and remove angry tissue, op went well. See Professor in 2 weeks for a follow up . Clinical nurse advised back to normal duties in 7 days . One of the surgeons said this issue is quite common and this procedure has a great outcome. So fingers crossed 🤞 the problems fixed .

I will keep you updated as this seems to be quite a common problem on this website . I have photos of angry tissues , I’ll try and up load .

Thanks

Coby

Ljpviper

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:30:44 AM »
Coby,

What about the glute medius not being attached to the trochanter in your MRI report?That would cause hip instability as well. What did your surgeon say about that?

What

Coby Taylor

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 07:57:48 PM »
Hey ,

Yeah, he took a biopsy of the haematoma which came back fine . I have just been released and forgot to ask about that . Hip seems stable though . I will ask on my follow up . His registra this morning seen me and I said is this common? She said fairly , the psoas irritation should not persist now it’s lengthened. I really hope this is the end of it , fingers crossed 🤞. Will let you know on follow up . I hope this info helps others with this same problem.

Thanks

Coby

joshb7_

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 10:12:41 AM »
Hi Coby,

Hows your hip after the arthroscopy of the tendon? Have the issues been resolved and do you have good range of motion?

Josh

Coby Taylor

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 07:38:09 AM »
Hey ,

Yep pretty good now , definitely did work. Although now I’ve had the other hip resurfacing and they stretched, bruised or did something to my sciatic nerve causing drop foot . So now another saga trying to heal this .

Ljpviper

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2019, 04:55:23 PM »
Coby,

Would you say the psoas lengthening surgery was a success? How is the recovery? I am looking to get it done. My psoas is in a constant shortened state I have tried everything.

Thanks,

Larry

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM