+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: PROBLEMS WALKING LONG DISTANCE AND CALF TINGELING  (Read 1728 times)

karriephammond

PROBLEMS WALKING LONG DISTANCE AND CALF TINGELING
« on: May 30, 2018, 09:35:31 AM »
Ok I am new to the group and was hoping maybe you guys can help me understand some things. I had hip resurfacing done now 3 years ago. I am 39 y/o female. I had serve arthritis in my left hip after a car accident. Day 1 after my surgery I had drop foot. I worked really hard a PT and have regained my walking but now my calf has a spot were if I touch it feels like needles. Now, the other problem is when I walk for long periods of time I feel like I am back at square one. I feel like I drag my leg and the pain s horrible! I felt good for the first 2 years after surgery and now I feel like maybe I made a huge mistake. My metal levels are elevated and the orthopedic doctor told me that they are still normal even though the lab flagged them as high. I really don't want a revision because what happens if I get drop foot again or worse yet I loose all feeling :-\

blinky

Re: PROBLEMS WALKING LONG DISTANCE AND CALF TINGELING
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »
I am sorry you are having problems. This sounds nerve related. (I am not a doctor.)Nerves regenerate slowly.

You mention PT, have you tried some other massage type therapies? Active Release Therapy? Myofasial massage? Perhaps if a nerve is entrapped, they would help. Dry needling? Acupuncture? I don't have personal experience with these last two, but friends who have nerve issues have enjoyed relief after these.

Could it be related to swelling? Something swells and then the nerve is pinched? Since it happens after walking long distances, I wonder if that is a cause. I'll share, too, that I think I have some swelling that occurs with overuse. It is very subtle, but I will sometimes feel like nerves are being pinched when I do something new or strenuous. My cure? ice, elevation, backing off, and swimming. Being in the water seems to restore the what would you call it, proper pressure to my legs.

Coby Taylor

Re: PROBLEMS WALKING LONG DISTANCE AND CALF TINGELING
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 12:52:01 AM »
Hey ,

I have just had resurfacing done , and have foot drop. I can slightly feel my toes , under foot and top of foot , but have no flexion of ankle or move toes , calf feels numb on outside of leg . Any ideas for treatment or time of repair

Thanks

Coby

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM