+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Just had psoas release surgery & Metal Ion Results 2yrs after double HR.  (Read 1113 times)

Slinkycarrot

Hi there

I think a lot of you know my story, but I had a double hip resurfacing two years ago.  From day dot i had pain in my right hip, classic symptoms of psoas impingment.   It was never really clear from what though - the x-rays looked clear so my surgeon thought it was scar tissue.  I had an ulstrasound and they said they could see an osteophytes on my acetabular (which my surgeon didnt believe)
Anyway, i was asymptomatic for 18 months as I had a baby and breastfed - the hormones made it such the tendon wasn't catching.  I had 3x cortisone injections and prolatherapy and PRP.

Anyway surgery was yesterday, feel ok today - am on crutches with no problem walking assisted.  The doc said he saw a lot of scar tissue when he went in. He released from the central compartment.

On a good note is I got my blood results back and 0.8 and 1.6 co/chromium levels.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Just had psoas release surgery & Metal Ion Results 2yrs after double HR.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 08:49:23 AM »
I wish you the best.  Hopefully this will be your solution.  Take it easy and let us know how you are doing.  Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

catfriend

Re: Just had psoas release surgery & Metal Ion Results 2yrs after double HR.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 11:52:03 PM »
You have had such a rough time of it. I hope this procedure is the final key that helps you. Best wishes.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear