+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Inversion Table after HRA  (Read 1194 times)

tommyhip

Inversion Table after HRA
« on: December 05, 2018, 12:56:35 PM »
I read all the posts on this subject but they are quite old - most from 2012. Does anyone use an inversion table for a good spinal stretch post op and if so - are there any restrictions? My concern of course is for a dislocation or a ligament/muscle stretch which may produce instability of the prosthesis.  Thank you in advance for your response.

jimbone

Re: Inversion Table after HRA
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 01:54:51 PM »
Tommy-

Good question.  I haven't been on mine since before surgery and wouldn't mind using it except for the same reservations.  Have you asked your surgeon?  My PT didn't like the idea at all.  I'm 4 1/2 months on the left and 2 1/2 months on the right but don't think I'd give it serious consideration until at least 6 months and then only if I'd regained considerably more ROM and some still reduced strength.  Thinking I will be depending on deep tissue massage and stretching for spine maintenance until the inversion table is cleared by surgeon- if at all.  That said- I've watched a video of a hip resurfacing patient doing aerial work suspended by her ankles doing full splits, spins and some amazing acrobatics.

tommyhip

Re: Inversion Table after HRA
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 12:43:17 PM »
My OS says "you have no restrictions - go ahead and use the table"  Just thought I would check you guys on this site. Thanks

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat