+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 7 Year Itch  (Read 922 times)

Dozer26

7 Year Itch
« on: December 24, 2018, 05:43:29 PM »
Greetings,

Bottom Line Up fFront - BHR has allowed me to have my life back.
I'm a 7 Year BRR Alumni of the BHR Club (Dr. Brooks, Cleveland Clinic) and want to give you, those who are considering or are already soldiering through the initial stages of post surgery/PT, confirmation that it is all worth the struggle.

First, as a baseline, I'm a 56 year old male, in the military, reserves now, first diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both hips when I was 40. I'm married to an awesome woman, and father to a fine son who is also a pain in the ass. My family and my service are numbers 1 and 2 of why I went forward with hip resurfacing. So glad I did.

Toughed it out as long as I could then found a cutter, but not after I heard about hip resurfacing from a friend, a PA with a local hospital. Best advice I ever received and I owe that gentlemen my life, literally.

Now, six years after the second hip was done, I'm still serving our country, and without a BHR I would be retired. I am also still married to that wonderful woman and able to enjoy time in the woods with our son. Without BHR I would not be able to meet mission, on any of these fronts.

This afternoon I ran three miles in the cold and snow. The hips were not a limiting factor. I've hiked hundreds of miles with my son and a full pack since the surgeries. Again, hips were not a limiting factor. I've run, biked, lifted, swam, made love, done yard work, and in general, lived, all without any limitation from my hips.

If you're on the fence, just ask yourself if your willing to do the work and have your life back. If so, press on. It is worth it. You have my word on it.

Very Respectfully,

Shelby

BHR Class of 2012

Bilat BHR Dr. Brooks, Cleveland Clinic
Jan/May 2012

John C

Re: 7 Year Itch
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 06:37:24 PM »
Wow, that is what I call a positive report! Thanks for taking the time to share it.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 7 Year Itch
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 04:21:49 PM »
Shelby

Thank You so much for your update.  7 years is a long time but I imagine we will hear updates for many more years. and I hope that helps new people reading the posts  understand that Hip Resurfacing is still a great option if you are a good candidate.

I wish you and your family the very best and a Happy New Year.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz