+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Right Hip Resurface Dr Gross 1/4/19  (Read 935 times)

SW27

Right Hip Resurface Dr Gross 1/4/19
« on: January 05, 2019, 03:23:48 PM »
 The day finally came and went. Probably a few years to long. All I can say is that’s a tight ship he runs there. Fantastic group of people all the way down the line. We did the outpatient route which I think is pretty common for Gross these days.
 Walked in 6 am , did some prep work for 30 minutes and it was lights out till I opened my eyes in the recovery room! Ate a little lunch and got going with PT with Teri ( big NY Ranger fan ). Had the golden moment and everyone was relieved ( including me 😎 ) . Went over meds and some other good stuff and back to hotel we went. Ate some dinner watched some TV ( it watched me a little as well ). Got up a few times and didn’t get much sleep ( don’t sleep on my back is most of that problem ).
 Using the ice machine and following the pain pill guide lines and it’s very manageable pain. Get the ice machine!
 Got the ice going in the morning and some pain meds and did my exercises. Took a nice shower. Went down and ate breakfast and after that I was a little tired so we rested a bit and started the drive South ( 8 hrs )
 This is a well oiled machine and we have the next side setup for March. Good stuff.
right side Bio-Met Gross 1/4/19
  left side Bio-Met Gross 3/4/19

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Right Hip Resurface Dr Gross 1/4/19
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »
Thanks for the update.  Glad all went well. I hope you continue to heal quickly.  Don't over do it which happens to many when they are doing well.

I look forward to your future updates.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

SW27

Re: Right Hip Resurface Dr Gross 1/4/19
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 06:17:13 PM »
 2 weeks post op , so far so good. Walked a little without any aids today for about 5 minutes. Seems my glute is awful weak and sore. Still going thru some swelling. Next side goes in on3/4/19 so I get to start all over again!
right side Bio-Met Gross 1/4/19
  left side Bio-Met Gross 3/4/19

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat