+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: pain or PAIN?  (Read 1225 times)

rag33

pain or PAIN?
« on: February 04, 2019, 10:51:12 AM »
Hi, I'm 12 weeks post surgery and counting the days til the 3 month mark when I can start trying to return to running (Dr. De Smet says 3 months but most say more). I'm getting stronger, doing PT 2 times a week, doing exercises every day and doing elliptical machine or bike every day for 20-30 minutes. I'm starting to have some pain on the side of my hip (IT band maybe)? But I don't know if it's because I've been putting on my own sock so forcing the external rotation or because I've been going too hard on the elliptical. Should I take a break so I can start to run OR are is this a warning sign that my body might not be ready? Just wanted to have some feedback from others who have been there...thanks a lot!
Right Conserve+, November 21, 2018, Dr. De Smet

Gazza2

Re: pain or PAIN?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 01:08:45 PM »
I would highly recommend rolling the thigh on a foam roller.   It made a big difference to me in the later part of recovery.  It will be quite painful (To roll) at first, but over time it will stop being painful to do.  Even now 6 years after surgery I find it helps to roll the IT band and glute area at least once a week,  if I don't I start getting very mild strain in the area after elliptical workouts.
Dr Kim Ottawa LHR Cementless C+ Feb 2013

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat