+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Deciding on pulling the trigger for surgery  (Read 1906 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Deciding on pulling the trigger for surgery
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 09:14:37 AM »
Welcome to Hip Talk Mouse Potato   Great username

I wish you the very best in your upcoming surgery with Mr. Treacy.  He certainly is one of the most experienced hip resurfacing surgeons in the world.  I am sure you will do well.  Like many folks, you will eventually say - Why Did I Wait So Long?  We all are nervous about surgery, but think about what a great summer you will have.  Maybe be back to some golf this fall.

I look forward to reading your updates.  Would you start your story in the Hip Story Section, please.  That way it is easier to follow with its own topic.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Mouse Potato

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2019, 09:20:12 AM »
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Yes, I will post in the hip story section over the weekend.
With regards to the golf, I am hoping to be back over the summer, especially as I have a golfing holiday booked for September!

Russ

SW27

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2019, 03:04:41 PM »
 I went through the same aches/pains and motions as everybody else stated in here. I was probably 2 years late going with the right hip ( 60%-80% bone on bone) and about a year early on the left one. Researched all alternatives to go with besides THR ( I have 2 friends and an uncle who went that route and they just seem a little off to me ) and then found this site and contemplated another 2 years! The last straw was getting stuck 25 miles out on my bicycle from the truck and the pain shooting down my leg. That made for a very fun day of pain.

Had lots of growth spurts when I was a kid (along with Osgood Schlatters disease) ,played a bunch of hockey , concrete finisher by trade for 32 years , I've been known to fall of perfectly good motorcycles a few times (road raced for 20+ years), rode tons of miles on my bicycles(average 200+ a week). Needless to say when Lee moved me around some on the table all she could say was , wow your tight! Turned the big 5-0 late last year and away we went. I'll be 3 weeks po on the left one tomorrow which so far is coming along nicely. Had the right side checked out by Gross when I was up there for the second surgery and I have to say I haven't had that ROM in the last 5-10 years. Definitely can't wait to get on the bicycle again. I doubt I'll ever turn a wheel in anger on a motorcycle again. Hockey i'll just have to wait and see, kinda gun shy on that. Biggest side bonus is my Lower Back Pain is pretty much gone!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 03:06:00 PM by SW27 »
right side Bio-Met Gross 1/4/19
  left side Bio-Met Gross 3/4/19

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat