+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Calling all Canadian (Ontario) Resurfacing recipients!  (Read 734 times)

Torontogirl

Calling all Canadian (Ontario) Resurfacing recipients!
« on: February 27, 2019, 03:23:42 PM »
Having had bi- lateral hip resurfacing in Belgium 5 years ago, I am at a loss as to where I can get metal screening done here in Toronto or reasonable car distance. The lab my GP referred me to does not do it as it is quite specialized. Does anyone have any ideas- particularly those of you who live in Toronto area and have had it done. I do not have an ortho doc here as had my surgery with Dr.Koen de Smet . Any lab names where you have had success? This is the one disadvantage of having surgery out of country😬. BTW - have had no problems with my implants and am extremely happy with results!

blinky

Re: Calling all Canadian (Ontario) Resurfacing recipients!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 06:50:02 PM »
Do you have Quest Diagnostics near you?

Torontogirl

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 11:34:39 AM »
No luck - Quest not here! Hoping to hear from someone who lives either in Toronto or 2 hrs drive that has used a facility for testing- I have not had any done and I know I should😬!

Pamela

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 09:03:28 AM »
As far as I know Quest is the Lab for this.   In BC we actually have our blood sent to Quest in London, Ontario to get it tested (at least a year ago we did).   When I inquired about it I had to go through Mary Pack Arthritis Society to get the blood draw.   Perhaps check with the arthritis society if you can’t find a place to get it done.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat