+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 months in and ready to run?  (Read 739 times)

Rich jones

3 months in and ready to run?
« on: March 07, 2019, 09:03:08 AM »
Hello!

I’m three months in and my new bi-lat resurfacing feel great! no pain any more in the joints, I’ve been trying to get to the baths most days for a swim and been on the cross trainer which is really building my muscles back up. My posture is good, standing and walking with a straight back and my limping has nearly disappeared. Just wanted to know when’s a safe time to start a little running on the tread mill?

Joe_CA

Re: 3 months in and ready to run?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 04:06:04 PM »
Hi Rich,

Did your surgeon (McMinn) provide you with a set of restrictions? Surgeons differ greatly on what you can and cannot do at the various milestones. I  too am a bilateral patient and felt like running/jogging right around the 3-month mark. My surgeon (Dr. Gross) did not allow running until the 6-month post-surgical mark. I've seen other surgeon's restrictions with respect to running more conservative (1 year) and a few more liberal (light running after 3,4 months). I'd confer with your surgeon. I can't personally sway you in any direction. I personally cheated my 6-month restriction and ran in the soft sand a mile or so twice a week with no problems right around 4 months after my surgeries. Whatever you do, be careful and don't overdo it!
Bilateral patient
Dr. Gross
December 12, 14 2016
Biomet (uncemented)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM