+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: 3 months in and ready to run?  (Read 284 times)

Rich jones

3 months in and ready to run?
« on: March 07, 2019, 02:03:08 PM »
Hello!

Iím three months in and my new bi-lat resurfacing feel great! no pain any more in the joints, Iíve been trying to get to the baths most days for a swim and been on the cross trainer which is really building my muscles back up. My posture is good, standing and walking with a straight back and my limping has nearly disappeared. Just wanted to know whenís a safe time to start a little running on the tread mill?

Joe_CA

Re: 3 months in and ready to run?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 09:06:04 PM »
Hi Rich,

Did your surgeon (McMinn) provide you with a set of restrictions? Surgeons differ greatly on what you can and cannot do at the various milestones. I  too am a bilateral patient and felt like running/jogging right around the 3-month mark. My surgeon (Dr. Gross) did not allow running until the 6-month post-surgical mark. I've seen other surgeon's restrictions with respect to running more conservative (1 year) and a few more liberal (light running after 3,4 months). I'd confer with your surgeon. I can't personally sway you in any direction. I personally cheated my 6-month restriction and ran in the soft sand a mile or so twice a week with no problems right around 4 months after my surgeries. Whatever you do, be careful and don't overdo it!
Bilateral patient
Dr. Gross
December 12, 14 2016
Biomet (uncemented)

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats