+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain in groin area  (Read 907 times)

Ben Martin

Pain in groin area
« on: April 30, 2019, 04:41:34 PM »
I had my right hip resurfaced 20 weeks ago today. Had no pain to speak of for first 12 weeks. After be released to go back to work, I started having pain in groin area when I put weight on it. If I walk with a cain, I have no pain. I went back to my doctor, he exrayed my hip and said everything look ok, said I’d be sore fore six month or so and not to do any squats. Took it easy for two weeks and most all pain was gone. Went to gym Sunday and rode elliptical and next day had pain in groin area when I put weight on it. No pain except when putting weight on it.

Sorry this is so long.

I’m just curious if anyone else has experienced this. I’m ok with it if it’s a normal thing. Also wondering how long I’ll have pain. One other thing is, my left hip is bone on bone and due to be resurfaced June 18th. That may be contributing to my new hip being sore also.

Thanks for any advice!

John C

Re: Pain in groin area
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 10:08:31 PM »
I had groin (psoas) pain somewhere around the 8 to 12 week time frame, when I was really upping my sit-ups, leg lifts, etc. It got to the point where it was affecting my walking. I think that bringing your leg up and forward on the elliptical may be irritating the psoas muscle which performs that action, just like leg lifts did for me. I backed off the leg lifts and sit-ups for a few weeks, and the pains went away. Never came back.
It is not uncommon for the psoas to get irritated during the first few months when we ramp up the activity. If it continues long term, some doctors will do a steroid injection to try and calm down the inflammation, when resting it is not enough. It sounds like rest worked for you, so now it may just be a case of finding the right balance between working that area and resting it.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM