+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Golf after resurfacing  (Read 1663 times)

Mouse Potato

Golf after resurfacing
« on: May 19, 2019, 06:55:37 AM »
Hi Hippies,

It’s been a while since a golf topic has been updated so I thought I’d start mine.  The bulk of my story is on the story pages so I’ll confine this to golf updates only.

Mr Treacy said I should easily be swinging a golf club by week 8 and playing properly at 12 weeks.  Yesterday, at 7 weeks I thought I would try some chipping and putting at my golf club. I have only put the walking stick down 2 days ago so I just took it easy. I did about an hour and was a bit sore afterwards.
This soreness is why I have been using a stick until week 7. It comes from the very outside and just behind the hip joint which I presume is where one of the glutes attaches.

I am seeing Mr Treacy again this coming Friday so I’ll see if he has any advice as everything else feels good.

I am looking forward to being able to hit some light wedges but this outer hip pain needs to improve first of all.

Thanks for reading!
Russ

Mouse Potato

Re: Golf after resurfacing
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 03:22:48 AM »
Hi Hipsters,

Well, at just shy of 10 weeks post op, I took the clubs out with a couple of mates.  I have been hitting 9 irons into a net in the back garden and the hip felt good so I thought it was time to hit some proper shots.

I went out expecting very little, and probably to play around 8-9 holes.  I ended up playing the full 18, walking with an electric trolley for the clubs.  The hip felt great, with very little pain which is why I saw it through.  Okay, the golf wasn't great but I wasn't expecting it to be after the last few months but I was only 7 over my handicap and only 1 over for the back 9. Interestingly, when I hit a good one, I was hitting it further than I normally do which bodes well for the future.

Walking up the 18th fairway with no arthritis pain was wonderful.  My legs ached as I haven't walked as far as that for a couple of months and I stiffened up a little after the post round beer but that was both legs. I took some paracetamol right before bed.

I'm now looking forward to the rest of the summer's golfing!

Russ

Mouse Potato

Re: Golf after resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 03:59:33 PM »
Hi hipsters,

We are currently on holiday in Lanzarote and I have a friend who lives over here. We made up a four ball, in buggies, and played Peurto Del Carmen golf course.

Playing with old borrowed clubs, I scored 37 stableford points (1 under handicap) and was hitting the ball with more freedom than I have in years. I am attacking the ball much better and hitting through it without fear of the arthritis pain.

Walking the course and scoring well is the next challenge but things are progressing very well.

Russ

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat