+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Gym vibration plates  (Read 1121 times)

Christrickey1972

Gym vibration plates
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:54:06 AM »
Hi.
I'm trying to find out about using vibration plates at gym when you have a resurfacing done.
I had mine done in November 2016 and it's been best thing ever.. but interested about this.. I've heard they're good but not sure if good for hippy folk like me, worried about vibrating my joint apart 😃
Any advice greatly appreciated

Gary B

Re: Gym vibration plates
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 04:19:42 PM »

Check the Mr. McMinn articles / videos on this site. I could be wrong but within the last year or so I'm nearly sure I read or heard where he recommended against using these types of machines for exactly what you are concerned about. I don't have the information handy for you though. If I run across it i'll post the link. Be careful!

gary

Gary B

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 05:15:42 PM »

I found the video. Sorry but the forum wouldn't let me attach the link here. The path is as follows: HR Information > Hip Resurfacing Devices > Birmingham Hip Resurfacing > Causes of Failure of Hip Resurfacing and Early Update with Metal on XL Polyethylene Hip Resurfacing by Mr. McMinn 2017.

The case of interest to you is near the end of the video (27:30). Maybe this will help you make up your mind on how to proceed.

Good luck

gary

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 10:02:25 PM »
Sorry about not being able to post the url. The group is set up so newbies can't post urls since there use to be so much spam, junk and sex stuff in the past. The sign-up is much more strict. You can post urls after 3 posts.

Here is the url:
https://surfacehippy.info/causes-of-failure-of-hip-resurfacing-and-early-update-with-metal-on-xl-polyethylene-hip-resurfacing-by-mr-mcminn-2017/
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Christrickey1972

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2019, 06:34:54 AM »
Thank you  everso  much.  That  video  confirms  my worries  exactly,  so glad I didn't use it... and I never will..

Thanks again
Chris

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM