+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Recovering really well and then unable to walk 7 weeks post-op  (Read 1038 times)

RobT65

Just wondering whether anyone has had similar experiences. Had a hip resurfacing 22nd May (Oswestry, UK). Been feeling great, off crutches after 2 and 1/2 weeks and walking almost normally. 7 weeks post-op got out of bed to find I couldn't weight bear on the leg. Rushed over to Oswestry, x-rays all look normal and no definitive explanation as to what's wrong.
Been to Chiropractor and Physiotherapist, neither have provided anything conclusive. Pain still continuing today (10 weeks post-op).
The pain was originally in my groin, then spread to quads, buttocks, incision site. Leg frequently cramps (muscles in quad and buttocks locks tight). The strangest thing is the pain is partly relieved by going for a "number 2"!
I've been back on Tramadol and paracetamol for the last week, but it's knocking the pain down only slightly (from 8/10 to 5/10 at best).
I'm worried it's a clot or infection but not sure if this would continue to present problems with affecting anything else for this long.
If anyone has any similar experiences, I'd be really pleased to hear about them and outcomes.
Cheers!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat