+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip resurfacing by Dr. Gross  (Read 789 times)

hleggette

Hip resurfacing by Dr. Gross
« on: August 28, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
I am three and a half weeks post op - left hip, Dr. Gross.

I must say that I am completely surprised by my recovery.  I have been walking without a cane since about two and a half weeks, and am feeling better every day.  If I had known it would be this "easy", I would have done this months ago.

Everyone at Midlands Orthopaedics was wonderful to deal with.  I have only positive things to say about them.  When my other hip gets to the point of needing resurfacing (and it will), I will certainly have it done by Dr. Gross.  It was well worth making the trip from central Georgia.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Hip resurfacing by Dr. Gross
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 11:56:04 AM »
Welcome to the Hip Talk Discussion Group.
Wonderful to hear how well you are doing.  Even though you are doing great, still be a bit conservative in pushing yourself. The body takes it time to heal and you can't push it. You don't want any set backs - you are doing so well.

Hope to hear more updates from you. The personal stories are so helpful to newcomers.

I wish you the best.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Rn2md

Re: Hip resurfacing by Dr. Gross
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 09:30:12 PM »
Hey,
I used Dr. Gross as well and I’m just shy of 6 months out. I’ve returned to all activities except running and weighted squats. But that’s mainly out of respect for the post op guidelines. I get mild soreness intermittently on the operated hip at the end of a day of heavy use, but nothing requiring medication to deal with, I believe it is still internally healing though, and will be for at least 1 year.
All in all, I think it’s a great operation to help ultimately recover at least some of the activities that one may have had to give up due to OA pain.
My full recovery story is listed under the Dr. Gross section if interested.
Good luck with recovery

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat