+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Decisions Decisions  (Read 1881 times)

jimbone

Re: Decisions Decisions
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 01:07:09 PM »
Patience is part of the process especially in recovering.  General wisdom is to go gently but firmly forward.  Overdoing often leads to setbacks.  Someone mentioned iron supplements to prepare for surgery.  After my 2nd procedure I experienced a low red blood count- no solid explanation- and was told lots of high iron lean meats [the liver never did get cooked though I admit] and a small 6-8 oz sirloin became a daily habit for about 2 weeks.   Seemed to do it for me bu in retrospect- I'd consider a conversation about supplements pre- surgery.  Doubt it could hurt.

Anthony J

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2019, 08:41:23 AM »
Decision made, going to have HR with Dr. Gross.  First one Jan 29, second March 20.  Thanks for the input from everyone who took the time to chime in.  A bit of a wait to have this done, but I think it will be worth it.  I wish my insurance company accepted out patient surgery, because I could have it done sooner.  I'm waiting to have it done in the hospital that is in my insurance network.  I'm a January birthday, so I guess I'm getting a new left hip for my birthday this year!

Cheers!  Tony
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 08:42:21 AM by Anthony J »

jimbone

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 12:56:02 PM »
It'll be the best damn bday gift you ever got.  Good luck.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat