+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Polyethylene Acetabular cups for resurfacing.  (Read 2841 times)

jimbone

Re: Polyethylene Acetabular cups for resurfacing.
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2019, 02:03:41 PM »
GO KARLOS!!!

catfriend

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2019, 09:42:43 PM »
Glad to hear this surgery went well. Best wishes.

karlos.bell

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2019, 09:29:27 PM »
 :) Hi day 5 and off the crutches already. 10mm difference between the height of the old to the new. New is 10mm higher seems to be smoother. No pain just heaps of swelling to go down. And yes the guts and bowel to get sorted. That is the issue. Serum check next week just because I should do for the powers to be so we can have an indication of what has gone wrong. Guts seems to be better but it will not fully come right until the second 1 removed and about I reckon about 6 months after that I should see a great improvement in my energy and stomach - waste system function. Let you know anyway.
All in all improvements. as long as I am not going backwards.
Thanks for the reply's. Cheers K

« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:45:13 PM by karlos.bell »
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

karlos.bell

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2020, 07:13:32 PM »
Hi
This will be my last post as I am a THR now bilateral.
Although hip resurfacing has its advantages for me it was something to get me going but not totally the right device for me.
I have also found out I have more strength in the THR due the surgeon put my hips back in the correct spot as resurfacing shortens the hips by a few MM.

After 6 days now I am on 1 crutch and standing on both THR's its pretty dam good if you ask me.
Ok here are the symptoms if anyone wishes to know what they are.

Chronic Fatigue, Burning in the hip, Chills in the hip, Chills occasionally, Upset Bowel, Bloated stomach, Diarrhoea unexplained, No other answers for investigations of bowel stomach issues, Head aches, growling stomach , weakness, sleep deprivation, Joint can be seen to be pristine, Lethargic, tired, craving for sweets, feeling of being sick, small passing Bowel, gets better when take electrolytes, muscle twitches, Bone aches, low platelet count CBC, bleeding nose, temperature swings, no smelly bowel movement, Indigestion , heart burn, chest pain, heart palpitations, Irregular Heart beat, sore throat, swollen lymph nodes.
After day 6 half of these have gone and the rest are on the down side.
How did know? due to monitoring them.
Really I have not anything more to say but couple of days I will be able to get back on my bike and will enjoy it.
Good luck with your health and your hips.

Cheers K :D

2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2007-Injury wakeboarding

petemeads

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2020, 02:46:20 AM »
Hi Karlos, glad to see you on the other side and doing well - see you on Hiprunner perhaps?
Age 72, LBHR 48mm head 18th Nov 2014 and RTHR 36mm head Zimmer ceramic/ceramic 2nd May 2017 by Mr Christopher Kershaw, Spire hospital, Leicester UK.

karlos.bell

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2020, 06:37:29 PM »
 :) Thanks Pete.
May ? and if the surgeon says so I may run. see what happens. Just happy to be normal and above ground. Missing my hunting and flying and also of course my job. Thanks all.
Cheers K
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat