+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: How to reduce swelling?  (Read 1050 times)

trekbiker

How to reduce swelling?
« on: November 04, 2019, 11:12:50 AM »
I know swelling is part of getting your hip resurfaced. I would rehab faster if my swelling went down. I am 7 days post op. I can ride my exercise bike twice a day for 20 min each time. I have a polar care cube for ice treatment. Like the kind they use for knee replacement. What have you guys done to reduce swelling?

Thanks
John

jimbone

Re: How to reduce swelling?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2019, 09:36:12 PM »
Hi John

I just kept after it with ice packs.  7 days is real short for the swelling to recede.  IIRC I was dealing with thigh and quad swelling for a good 10 days-2 weeks and the residual feeling of swelling in the knees for several months.  It's a Big Operation- lots of trauma and takes some time [and patience] to get through the recovery.  Elevation helps as well.  You'll likely find yourself feeling much better in a week.  Take your time getting well- don't push yourself into doing damage, just gentle, steady improvements.  Best of luck.

trekbiker

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 05:19:46 AM »
Thanks

catfriend

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 01:56:32 PM »
Yes, it will just eventually resolve itself. You will pee out all that excess liquid. Believe me, you'll know when that swelling is reducing! Even as it resolves you will find that some activities and some days the leg will just be more swollen. There'll be a bit of an up and down to the swelling, even after you think it has resolved. This is normal.

trekbiker

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 04:24:48 PM »
thanks

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat