+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Psoas syndrome/psoas release surgery  (Read 1746 times)

joshb7_

Psoas syndrome/psoas release surgery
« on: November 25, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
Hi all,

I am writing to ask for anyone who has had psoas syndrome or problems related to a shortened psoas. Please could you tell me what were your symptoms and limitations and what treatment has helped you get back to doing what you like, if it has?

I have had right hip resurfacing two years ago but still get lots of pain in hip flexor area when bending down, tying shoe laces, bringing knee straight up or across the mid-line, sprinting, kicking. Initially I had lots of groin pain post surgery which subsided as I got stronger but the hip flexor tightness and impingement has never gone. Post surgery I also find my hamstring feels super limited and tight, but I feel that I think because the hip does not move freely. Other consultants have seen my x-rays and suggested that it could be psoas related as the acetabular component appears correctly positioned in x-rays. I had an ultrasound for psoas tendonitis which again showed no bursitis. Perhaps it is just at a constant shortened state?

Thanks,
Josh

joshb7_

Re: Psoas syndrome/psoas release surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 11:43:04 AM »
Also, forgot to mention that I feel my quads are constantly tight but that stretching does not seem to actually improve it. And I have lots of lower back pain, especially on the right hand side. Doing basic things such as cycling, running 5 minutes, bending over, standing/sitting too long....

NYRFan19

Re: Psoas syndrome/psoas release surgery
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 09:10:01 AM »
Josh, you’re symptoms sound a lot like mine did.  I ended up having a sports hernia following my hip resurfacing that was causing all of the problems you described.  I don’t know if you’ve seen my post in here about that issue, it might be worth being evaluated for that injury.  It doesn’t seem to be on a lot of the hip doctors radars
Matt-----LBHR 03/31/2015 Dr. Su (HSS)
             RBHR 12/04/2015 Dr. Su (HSS)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat