+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Is my resurfacing failing?  (Read 1035 times)

tricky

Is my resurfacing failing?
« on: December 28, 2019, 05:37:21 PM »
9 years after a successful resurfacing, I have started to have pain in my groin. I thought at first I had just pulled a groin muscle, but the problem is still there 5 weeks later. Has anybody had similar symptoms that led to a revision? I will get an appointment with my surgeon but it will be several months before I can get in, so would appreciate any insights others have. Thanks.

Saddlepal3

Re: Is my resurfacing failing?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2019, 08:46:09 AM »
Hi Tricky,
Have you had your blood ion levels checked recently? If not, it would be a good idea. If they are elevated, you could be dealing with the beginnings of metallosis. No doubt there are many possible reasons for the pain, but you definitely want to check on that.
I had a revision of a resurfacing after 12 years. No pain, but ion levels were elevated and a MARS MRI showed fluid build up in the joint. Dr. Pritchett switched out the metal cup for a poly, and I was good to go again. Good luck!

karlos.bell

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2019, 03:08:22 PM »
Hi Tricky.
Get a serum check done for Chromium and Cobalt.
It is not a good check but it is an indicator that there could be something wrong.
Is there a burning pain in the hip and or are you taking medication for it?
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

tricky

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 06:05:37 PM »
Good suggestions...thanks. I have scheduled a blood work test and will see what happens.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat