+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Revision of Birmingham  (Read 220 times)

Hipsterpain

Revision of Birmingham
« on: January 17, 2020, 06:23:09 PM »
I got a Birmingham hip about 10 years ago. From day one I have had a bad hip flexor. I have asked the Dr. and he thinks the hip flexor is riding up on the artificial joint. I am a little guy and I think the Birmingham is just too big. I have also had a traditional hip on the other side about 20 years ago. That one is great. My Dr. seemed to be confused about a possible revision going to a smaller traditional hip replacement, as the size of the cup is now too large and Dr. did know if there's a way to make the cup side smaller for this. Does anyone know anything about going from a Birmingham to a traditional artificial joint? Thanks.

karlos.bell

Re: Revision of Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 04:56:29 AM »
Yep. They use a liner that makes the ball smaller. Look up zimmer stuff biomet. It all do able seems weird the dr should know about this. Cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding with FAI Hyperflexion

jimbone

Re: Revision of Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 06:41:49 AM »
Hipster-

I'd suggest researching other surgeons more experienced in HR revision and sending your Xrays to some of the top surgeons listed on this forum to get their opinons.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats