+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Revision of Birmingham  (Read 734 times)

Hipsterpain

Revision of Birmingham
« on: January 17, 2020, 01:23:09 PM »
I got a Birmingham hip about 10 years ago. From day one I have had a bad hip flexor. I have asked the Dr. and he thinks the hip flexor is riding up on the artificial joint. I am a little guy and I think the Birmingham is just too big. I have also had a traditional hip on the other side about 20 years ago. That one is great. My Dr. seemed to be confused about a possible revision going to a smaller traditional hip replacement, as the size of the cup is now too large and Dr. did know if there's a way to make the cup side smaller for this. Does anyone know anything about going from a Birmingham to a traditional artificial joint? Thanks.

karlos.bell

Re: Revision of Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 11:56:29 PM »
Yep. They use a liner that makes the ball smaller. Look up zimmer stuff biomet. It all do able seems weird the dr should know about this. Cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

jimbone

Re: Revision of Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 01:41:49 AM »
Hipster-

I'd suggest researching other surgeons more experienced in HR revision and sending your Xrays to some of the top surgeons listed on this forum to get their opinons.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat