+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip # 1  (Read 807 times)

Anthony J

Hip # 1
« on: January 28, 2020, 09:27:58 PM »
Well the day is finally here, tomorrow morning at 10:30 I will have my left hip done. Chilling out with a beer at the hotel room.  Friday I will have hip #2 done.  Looking forward to being on the other side of this, and returning to all of the activities that I like to do.  I tried to stay as active as I could to hopefully have a fast recovery. Crazy how hip OA has slowly taken me down physically, but I’m still keeping a positive attitude that I can return to most of my activities.  I Stopped playing golf, running, biking, but I continued to swim, had to give up flip turns! Had a nice group swim on Saturday for my birthday now I get 2 new hips! This is my non-medicated clearheaded post. I will update my progress, this website has helped me tremendously in making the decision to go through with a double HR. Gotta go take a shower with special soap now!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:37:05 PM by Anthony J »

jimbone

Re: Hip # 1
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 10:42:08 PM »
Anthony-

You're walking through a portal to the other side of OA freedom.  When you wake tomorrow after surgery it will be gone forever and you will be stoked to the gills to get the other done and get on with life without the pain.  It's really, really good over here.  Look forward to you joining us.  Best of luck.  Jim

Anthony J

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 06:34:13 PM »
Thanks Jim,

HiP #1 done, #2 tomorrow. I asked Dr Gross how the first one went, and told me it was perfect! The only issue that I had was that I was de hydrated, and it was a struggle to get the IV going, as well as the blood that he uses for his surgery. We got through that, and the rest of the procedure went well. I’ve been hydrating for tomorrow.  His instruction says not to have anything after midnight.  My surgery is scheduled for 12.5 hours after midnight.  That’s a long time to go without any liquids. I’m optimistic about being on the other side of this.

I was up on crutches today and walking well.  It will be a bit of a challenge having both hips done at the same time, but many hippies have done it so that certainly helped me make this decision.  Pain has been tolerable so far.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 08:30:23 AM »
Good Luck on your second surgery.  You will soon be a bionic hip man!
Looking forward to reading about your progress.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Joe_CA

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 06:00:36 PM »
Best wishes to you Anthony. You'll soon be in a select club. There are many of us bilateral (same week) patients from Dr. Gross here. If your experience is anything like mine, the first day or two after your second surgery will be a little uncomfortable. After that, your recovery begins and you're on your way to a normal, active life.

Good Luck
Bilateral patient
Dr. Gross
December 12, 14 2016
Biomet (uncemented)

Anthony J

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 09:45:58 AM »
Thanks for the well wishes, I’m in the club now. I plan on following the doctors orders, don’t need any setbacks

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat