+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 weeks after second Hip BHR to the right side  (Read 781 times)

Charvel101

• Bi Lateral Hip Replacements 6 Years Apart
4 weeks after second Hip BHR to the right side
« on: February 06, 2020, 09:09:17 AM »
Doing great 4 weeks in , I am crutch free at 3.5 weeks, meds free and doing 5 miles a day now , still some muscle soreness at the end of the day but movement and joint mobility is great. The second hip has gone very smoothly and I have got back to near normal very quickly this time compared to the first, perhaps as I knew what to do. Gym yesterday to do upper body and use the indoor cycle getting back into shape feels really good , cycle feels really good.

Top Tips:

Bio oil the scar
do your exercises little and often
do not rest up too much keep moving
trust the new hip do not worry
look after you knees early on they may ache after the op  and kid you they are also broken, they are fine !!

Check out my week 3 to 4 weeks video, and I also did a surgery to 2 weeks video, hope it helps those wanting to know what it is like.

https://youtu.be/IzaRoPGavHY

Chris

Mr Mcminn 2013 August 20th Left BHR   (-:
Ronan Treacy January 2020 Right BHR

jimbone

Re: 4 weeks after second Hip BHR to the right side
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 02:50:45 AM »
Big congratulations  Chris.  Sounds like your you're doing everything correctly for a solid cure.  Keep us informed.   Best of luck. Jimbone

Anthony J

Re: 4 weeks after second Hip BHR to the right side
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 10:44:18 AM »
Hey Chris,

Watched your video, very helpful thanks for taking the time to do that. I just hit the one week mark on my second hip. Nice to see what I may expect to see. Very impressed with your flexibility, I can only hope to get to that level! I’ve been worried about lower back, and knee pain. Sounds like that is part of the deal too.

Thanks again for posting

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat