+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: ROM Recovery  (Read 690 times)

jimbone

ROM Recovery
« on: February 07, 2020, 04:38:58 PM »
Hello All,

I am 19/17 months post bilateral HR and in the last 3-4 months I have been able to really settle in to a feeling of normalcy and natural feeling use of my hips and body in general.  Without categorizing all the many improvements, my overall health, flexibility and strength have been returned to me in large capacity and my sense is, besides the inevitable effects of time and age, 64 now, I will be able to continue improving to the degree of effort I apply against Father Time.  One of the natural abilities that has yet to reestablish itself however is the ability to easily cross my legs- ankle over the knee for example.  I have the ROM to get it there, but not the "strength" or "neural connectivity" it seems.  I will intend to lift my ankle to go over the knee and it will get about 80% of the way there when I need to grab the cuff of my pants and pull it the rest of the way into position.  Once there it's comfortable enough and depending on how much I've demanded from the hips/legs that day the glute muscles will have a varying degree of stiffness that needs to be stretched out.  Wondering how common this might be, and if anyone else who's dealt with this found a good way to overcome it.  Is it a lack of flexibility, strength, neural connection, a combination of elements and will it come back to me?  Your thoughts?

catfriend

Re: ROM Recovery
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 06:46:10 PM »
This is another one of those things that happened gradually and I can't remember how long it took, but it happened. Of course, I've only had the one done so far. I can cross it just fine, and I could by your time out from surgery. OTOH I was very slow at the sock! I wouldn't force it, just keep trying on and off. Eventually you'll find you're doing it.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear