+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Burning.  (Read 707 times)

L1232019

Burning.
« on: February 19, 2020, 06:55:36 AM »
Hi.

I had right BHR done 6 months ago. Male 47, in good health.
Have had no issues with actual joint, - walking/moving normally without aches or pain.

However, for about the last 3 months I’ve had a constant burning sensation in buttock along the entire length of incision. It’s sore to the touch and at its worst at night in bed to the point where I constantly toss and turn trying to find a comfortable position to sleep. Subsequently I wake tired and sore and only really start to ‘loosen up’ when up and walking. As soon as I sit down, it’s back again. It’s not painful so to speak but it’s a real discomfort and is driving me crazy.

Have tried a roller. Have tried more walking than normal but it makes no difference. Anyone else experience this? If so, any remedies and how long does it last?
Beginning to feel like it’s going to be permanent!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Burning.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 08:07:46 AM »
Hi
Have you talked with your surgeon about the burning?  I don't know what it would be, but it sounds like it is certainly a problem.  My scar would bother me, many months out, when I walked.  Not while walking, but after I stopped and tried to sit.  It felt like my scar was tearing apart. It finally went away.
I would think if it were an infection, it would be all red and puffy.  I definitely think you should ask your surgeon about it.  That's what he is there for.  Fix things that are broken or not working properly.
I do wish you the best.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM