+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Burning  (Read 1559 times)

L1232019

Burning
« on: February 19, 2020, 06:56:20 AM »
Hi.

I had right BHR done 6 months ago. Male 47, in good health.
Have had no issues with actual joint, - walking/moving normally without aches or pain.

However, for about the last 3 months I’ve had a constant burning sensation in buttock along the entire length of incision. It’s sore to the touch and at its worst at night in bed to the point where I constantly toss and turn trying to find a comfortable position to sleep. Subsequently I wake tired and sore and only really start to ‘loosen up’ when up and walking. As soon as I sit down, it’s back again. It’s not painful so to speak but it’s a real discomfort and is driving me crazy.

Have tried a roller. Have tried more walking than normal but it makes no difference. Anyone else experience this? If so, any remedies and how long does it last?
Beginning to feel like it’s going to be permanent!

Saddlepal3

Re: Burning
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2020, 08:48:28 AM »
That sounds really uncomfortable. The first thing that popped into my mind is possible trochanteric bursitis. Look it up and see if the symptoms fit. That can be really painful. Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 08:49:10 AM by Saddlepal3 »

L1232019

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 02:17:19 PM »
Thanks, just looked that up as you suggested. Although  the type of pain sounds similar, I don’t think it would be that as the burning sensation is of the same intensity all the way along the incision scar - around 10 inches in length. As far as I can tell, trochanteric bursitis is more localised. Any other ideas?

Saddlepal3

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 08:49:13 AM »
call your surgeon.

karlos.bell

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 06:35:30 PM »
My answer is get your metal levels checked...…….
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

L1232019

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 01:06:33 PM »
You had similar burning pain Karlos?

karlos.bell

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2020, 04:00:29 AM »
Yes.
Had it on and off. left side then right. Then came the bad guts and toilet stuff. It seemed to be that the body was wanting to get rid of the excess metals so it got into action and removed it. Seemed to be part of this process is inflamation to do this. With my new ceram prothesis none of this.

It was not that hard to work out I had to eliminate all other scenarios first before seeing the surgeons who all are well aware of the issue of foreign matter in the joint. Xrays - Blood tests - gut tests. End of the day for me it was removal that fixed all of this. I am now about 1/6th issues I had. After 2.5 weeks of my second removal so the body sometimes will put up with it for a while then it gets into action. was about 3 years then it came on.
Anyway that is my experience.
Hope for all the best is all I can say. Do you home work earlier you start earlier you may get a decision.Cheers K
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

L1232019

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 12:43:18 PM »
Karlos,
Many thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you’ve managed to sort most of your issues. I will see how things go over the next few months and go from there.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat