+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: The Wonderful NHS free medical care in the UK. 22 weeks' post op, 55 miles ran.  (Read 553 times)

autoazure

• Prof Meek, Glasgow, 09/10/19, 58mm 52mm head
I feel the urge to praise my treatment as a Scottish person in the UK and our amazing National Health Service! My resurfacing was carried out by a Consultant, Professor of orthopaedic surgery in Glasgow at a cost of £0 (to me personally). He does not promote his skill nor is in the business of doing such (however, has carried out 100s or even 1000s of resurfacings and THRs). My care in the Queen Elizabeth Hospital was exemplary (single room, on suite etc). The staff are unsung heroes in my opinion, I received the most up to date prosthesis, surgical technical expertise and aftercare. If I were to go Private, the operation would most likely cost approx of £14000. Mr Dominic Meek, I salute you and your staff! And thank you ever so much! At week 22 post op, I am now running 50 miles per week and hope to build  up pace ever so gradually!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 12:57:55 PM by autoazure »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Jim
It is always great to hear how well your surgeon and hospital performed for your hip resurfacing. So glad things are going well for you.  Thank You for sharing your story and updates.
I wish you the best.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM