+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Lateral leg pain  (Read 1128 times)

AcStilly98

Lateral leg pain
« on: March 29, 2020, 07:10:11 PM »
I had a right BHR on 2/5/19 at the Cleveland Clinic from Dr. Brooks. I am a 43 year old male (6'1", 205). I've been very active all of my life and currently train 4-5 days a week with crossfit type activities and movements. I am now almost 14 months post op. I still have lateral thigh pain/discomfort. Most any load bearing activity is uncomfortable to some degree. Even sometimes walking. At times like driving, or sleeping on either side it will begin to ache into my knee and lower leg (Similar to shin splints). At 1 year post op I went in for my follow up X-ray. Everything was in perfect position and the bone looked strong. After discussing my issues with the PA he thought I had some bursitis in my right hip and we decided to give me a cortisone injection. He also thought I had some tightness in my IT band. It helped right away and for a couple of weeks it was much better. It is very stiff when I attempt any kind of full squat. I have full range of motion in the joint. The pain is mainly mid lateral thigh. I thought for sure I would be back to full activity at least pain free at this point. Is there something I could/should be doing to help my recovery? If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I would very much appreciate it. I am very frustrated at this point.
Thank you.

AcStilly98

Re: Lateral leg pain
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 03:33:50 PM »
So I did back squats and air squats today in my workout. It is painful when I squat with or without weight. The more external loading I use the more I favor my good side. I really try to stay balanced but it is very difficult. The pain is maybe the worse just before I reach full hip extension. Almost like it is really stiff. Again, any help would be very much appreciated.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear