+-

Advertisements

Welcome Back

The Hip Talk Discussion Forum was hacked a few weeks back. It has taken me a long time to fix it. The only backup I could use was way back to April 2020. All members and posts up to that date are available. Anything newer has been lost. I am sorry, but that has been the only way to get things up and running again.

Author Topic: Just Commimg up to 5 Months  (Read 136 times)

golfmad

Just Commimg up to 5 Months
« on: April 04, 2020, 08:50:28 AM »
I've waited untill now because I didnt want to jump the gun. I'm very aware that things can go wrong. I'm over the moon with my new Hip resurfacing. All the  information on this web site about searching for a good Surgeon to rehab have been a god send. I have nothing to add about rehab apart from echoing the point "dont rush things". Walking 1 mile a day is all you need to achieve.  I was walking with one cruch about a mile a day after 3 weeks, I have to ask myself , why. I pushed my self to walk 4 miles after 4 weeks why?. Im now 20 weeks and have been playing golf for the last month. At the start I could just about get through 9 holes, now I can walk 18, its a bit of a struggle down the last two holes, but I have no pain. I'm only just about to loose my limp, I have to contentrate very hard on walking. I see myself improving every day. Its not 100% yet but very close. To all you golfers out there I have never hit the ball so long and straight for 10 years.  I can shoot my Hcap now even in winter. Once this lock down goes I will be flying. I play off a 5 Hcap. For info it was my L/H hip. I had been in agony, slowly getting worse for 5 years. Sleep was a trial, every night trying to get into a position where it didn't ache or hurt. I tried gym work, stretching, massage. All gave tempory relief and then nothing worked. I urge people to watch the "Andy Murray " film. I was just like that, kidding my self to wait, it might improve. I went to Birmingham to Mr Treacy. Best money I have spent. I will have the other done over this next winter.Once again thanks to this web site I have my life back. I do feel sorry to all those that it hasn't worked for and I hope mine will stand the test of time. But to live pain free is beautiful at the moment.

Granton

Re: Just Commimg up to 5 Months
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 06:24:06 PM »
Sounds brilliant. I am a McMinn patient but a friend had both done by Mr Treacy and had a great outcome.

My first was over twenty years ago, so they can last.

Get rid of that limp! Even if it means cutting down. Quality before quantity!

Congratulations again.

David Vale
David
Rt BHR Nov 1999
Lt BHR Oct 2013
Mr D McMinn

golfmad

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 07:05:56 PM »
The major problem I had was my foot was 15 degrees open, due to hip spurs. He said it was not a routine operation because of this. I suppose I have been using the wrong muscles to walk with. It took quite some time to get used to walking with a square on leg again and hence start using the right muscles which I suppose were a bit wasted. The foot still feels slightly pidgeon toed buts its actually dead square.

rday12

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 06:54:55 PM »
I appreciate the golf notes. I am also an avid player, and Iím looking forward to getting back onto the course. I am 10 weeks removed from my right BHR, and the only golf related things Iíve done are walks, daily rotational exercises, plus hitting about 25 half wedges into a net in the backyard a couple days ago. So, I have a ways to go, and I wonít be rushing anything. Iím very encouraged to read about the distance youíve added, as I was hoping that going back to playing with a more stable base would equal more yards.

golfmad

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 08:15:50 PM »
I read lots of items about what hip resurfacing does what to the golf swing. Mine was the left hip, and I kept trying to swing the club so as I had no pain. Now I can now pull down and through with more speed, no pain. I use a flight scope and was struggling to reach LPGA speeds. I am now exceeding them by 3-4 Mph. I think its more a stable base and not waiting for the pain as I release the club head. Walking is improving every day, gym exercises work. Work the core, hip flexors and lower back muscles. I just wish I hadn't put this off for so long. My right hip is worse than my left but I had no pain on that side. Its starting to hurt now as I walk. I wanted to resurface it at the end of this season. The season may have ended now, C2?. I was using the static bike down the gym after 4 weeks, 20 mins no load. And the weight machines with 10 lb max weights. Just remember soft tissue heals after about 6 weeks and bones after 3 months.I didn't push too hard untill 3 months. Good luck. 

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats