+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Who are Top THR docs in PHX area?? -had RH-BHR at 61, need LH at 67  (Read 770 times)

MtnBiker1

All, I am Kindly asking for your knowledge and recommendations on local PHX area THR Docs.

I am currently on, way too long lock-down waiting list for Dr Jimmy Chow, MD Orthopedic Institute of the West for a SuperPath Anterior THR.  I had a BHR by Dr Rector in Boulder Colo at 61 in 2014. Perfect result except for some squeeks at 10,000 ft when hunting Elk - don't hear the squeaks skiing. I decided not to use anyone less experienced than Dr Rector and don't want to travel and stay a week or so someplace if possible. These issues, my 67yrs and that I'm not in Vail mtn biking or skiing regularly lead me to look at THR. I don't like the idea vs BHR but the THR technology has improved. This SuperPath technique is "in-situ" (hip isn't pulled out to work on), it doesn't sever the entire top of hip bone off, and they claim no limitation in movement or heightened risk of dislocation and the Anterior Super Path is simpler less demanding I think than BHR and recovery time is much shorter than BHR posterior.

Gary

dannythebeerman

Re: Who are Top THR docs in PHX area?? -had RH-BHR at 61, need LH at 67
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:04:10 AM »
You may have to look outside of the Phoenix area for a BHR.  https://surfacehippy.info/hip-resurfacing-doctors/
~Danny Hahn

July 2020 Biomet Magnum Trispike, Dr Gross. Needed 5cm3 bone graft behind acetabular cup.  That's a whole lot of packed in bone dust I pray heals.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear