+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 Year Update  (Read 664 times)

Mike D

8 Year Update
« on: August 30, 2020, 04:23:41 PM »
Hi Hippies,
 Just stopping by to say I passed the 8 year mark a few weeks back.
I couldn't have HR due to previous problems as a teenager ( slipped femoral epiphysis) This was pinned but I was left with a slight twist on the femoral head which meant THR.
I went to Birmingham to see Ronan Treacy who assured me he would do his utmost to resurface, had the HR kit ready in the Operating Theatre but it wasn't possible.
It took a while to come to terms with but after some great support on here I soon realised that it was my only option and so I'm so grateful to be totally pain free, back on a motorcycle, back playing football, playing with Grandchildren etc.
So to anyone who's not a candidate for resurfacing- don't despair. Large ball, ceramic THR is a great second choice.
I don't want to think where I'd be without it.
I'll need my other side doing in a few years I think and  as I had less trauma on that side as a teen, I may be ok for HR but I can honestly say that if it doesn't work out and its another THR- bring it on.
Hope you're all wall and enjoying life, Cheers, Mike.
Right Ceramic THR
Ronan Treacy   Birmingham R.O.H
8 August 2012

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 8 Year Update
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 10:02:07 AM »
Mike   Congratulations on your 8 year anniversary. Thank You so much for letting us know how you are doing. It is important that people understand a hip resurfacing is not always right for you, but a THR can also get you active and out of pain again. I think we sometimes forget that until it happens to someone.  Again, Thanks for stopping by and I wish you the vert best. I look forward to your future anniversaries.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz