Author Topic: Southern California Doctor  (Read 149 times)

BillM

Southern California Doctor
« on: May 15, 2020, 06:27:50 AM »
Can anyone recommend an orthopedic in southern California that specializes in HR?  I live in the LA area.  I checked the SurfaceHippy website and I could only find a couple of the doctors listed. 

Thanks
Bill

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Southern California Doctor
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 04:30:26 PM »
Hi Bill
The most experienced hip resurfacing surgeons are listed on my 2 lists, preferable, the most experienced are on the 1000+ hip resurfacing surgeons.
https://surfacehippy.info/hip-resurfacing-doctors-over-1000-hip-resurfacing-surgeries/
https://surfacehippy.info/hip-resurfacing-doctors/
There have never been a lot of hip resurfacing doctors.  It is a very difficult surgery and most orthpedics either believed the bad press about it or did not want to learn to do it.  Many did and had bad results, thus the bad media coverage.
In my opinion, surgeons opinions and most here, you want to use the surgeons that have done thousands. They do them every day, every week specializing in hip resurfacing. Therefore, there are a limited number of surgeons to choose from. Most people have to travel to have a hip resurfacing.

You can get free email consultation from the top surgeons by sending them your information and x-rays in digital format. Then you would know if you are a candidate.
I wish you the best.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Matty S

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 10:20:44 PM »
Dr Scott Ball did my HR...I would recommend him.

He is in San Diego.

Bioguy501

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 01:10:13 AM »
I would also recommend Dr. Ball. I have spent months researching the subject. I live in So Cal also and researched all of the top docs that do HR. I have not come across one person or doctor that has anything bad to say about Dr. Ball. In fact, Dr. Pritchett (Seattle area... and one of the most experienced HR surgeons gave Dr. Ball high praise too.) I am willing to travel anywhere to get my hip resurfaced, but I am going to go with Dr. Ball soon... to finally get it done. Feel free to DM me if you have questions. Gary

BillM

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 07:03:15 PM »
I would also recommend Dr. Ball. I have spent months researching the subject. I live in So Cal also and researched all of the top docs that do HR. I have not come across one person or doctor that has anything bad to say about Dr. Ball. In fact, Dr. Pritchett (Seattle area... and one of the most experienced HR surgeons gave Dr. Ball high praise too.) I am willing to travel anywhere to get my hip resurfaced, but I am going to go with Dr. Ball soon... to finally get it done. Feel free to DM me if you have questions. Gary

Thanks Gary.  Sent you a DM