+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Recommended Running Shoes  (Read 1419 times)

Jimtabor

Recommended Running Shoes
« on: October 14, 2020, 04:28:21 PM »
I completed a search in regards to this question, but wasn't finding what I was looking for.  I am 7 years out from my last resurfacing (both done in 2013).  I would like to start running again, but have had pain in my hips when I tried in the past.  I don't think I was using very good shoes, so I'm hoping someone here may have some recommendations for running shoes post resurfacing.  Thanks!

Jim

BillM

Re: Recommended Running Shoes
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 11:08:26 PM »
Not sure about the "post" resurfacing part, but if you are looking for a highly cushioned running shoe check out the Hoka One One Bondi. 

autoazure

• Prof Meek, Glasgow, 09/10/19, 58mm 52mm head
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 02:26:37 PM »
Yes, I have to agree, I have been using Hoka one one's as well. Really highly cushioned shoe, can be a tad tight so go for a wide fitting or a half size up.

tohandley

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 03:08:06 PM »
I've been using the Altra Escalante.  It has plenty of cushioning and a wide toe box and the Escalante 2.0 is on sale for about $55.
RBHR Dr. Boettner
Oct. 10, 2018

Jimtabor

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2020, 12:28:13 PM »
Thank you for your responses! 

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 01:41:03 PM »
I find myself back here because I'm having my second hip resurfaced in two days.  I had the first one done in 2012.

To answer your questions, the Hoka One One's are great.  However - and I hope this isn't the case for you - SOME people can just never get back to running.  I'm one of those people.  I found that when I run, after ROUGHLY 3/4 to 1 mile, I develop a deep ache in my operated hip.  If I stop right away, I'm fine.  If I try to "push through" the pain, then it aches for a few days. 

That said, I can do boot-camp style workouts, Insanity-type workouts, play tennis and just about any other activity with zero problems.  I just.....can't......jog.

On the other hand, after going to a boot-camp gym for about 3 months, I did find myself able to run 2 1/2 miles (slowly) one day.  It could be that the bootcamp workout made me strengthen muscles that were damaged from the surgery.  It's hard to tell.

Best of luck.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat