+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Possible issue with resurfaced hip 28 months later  (Read 1032 times)

claudia

Possible issue with resurfaced hip 28 months later
« on: November 25, 2020, 04:24:27 PM »

Feedback please: 
Sudden groin pain upon walking.  I have not done anything strenuous or different than the usual.  I am fairly active but no issues with my hip resurfacing for 28 months.  I have never had hip flexor issues. 
I was walking in IKEA 2 weeks ago and suddenly pain in groin and hip felt like it did prior to having the surgery.  Prickly and hot.  i just ignored but by the time I was through walking in IKEA I could barely lift my leg to take a stride. I was then limping.   I had to literally assist lift my right leg when I drove home.  Could barely go from gas to break without lifting the leg with my hand.
So I figured was just a strain or something but have not done anything to cause that.  No exercise as I was actually at home overseeing a rehab in our house.  I am in pain when I stretch my leg up and/or walk for any amount of distance.  Almost like I have no power to lift my leg.
Called Dr Gross's office and had an xray done.  He's on vac so I'm worrying until next week.  This hasn't gotten better.  I'm so upset as it is like deja vu.  Takes me back to before I had my resurfacing. 
I'm also having a cobalt level blood test done but not sure why I have to go to Quest labs?  Does anyone know why?  Quest labs is the only covid testing labs in our area and they are the dirtiest nastiest labs around.  I really don't want to risk going to a quest lab. 
Thanks for any input
Claudia
Dr Gross, Right hip, 3/21/18

dannythebeerman

Re: Possible issue with resurfaced hip 28 months later
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 12:58:13 PM »
Sorry to hear this, keep us apprised. 

His office should specify what and which criteria to inquire about when getting diagnostics, there is no guarantee that all Quest lab equipment all over the US is the same. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 01:03:36 PM by dannythebeerman »
~Danny Hahn

July 2020 Biomet Magnum Trispike, Dr Gross. Needed 5cm3 bone graft behind acetabular cup.  That's a whole lot of packed in bone dust I pray heals.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
Re: Possible issue with resurfaced hip 28 months later
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 09:29:57 AM »
I'm sorry you're having this issue.  I hope it's nothing.

I'm guessing (hoping) that this is unrelated to the resurfacing, since it doesn't make sense to go 28 months of fine and then that much pain.

I'll be checking in here on you.  Please post when you find something out.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat