+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: I'm now Bi-Lat  (Read 3127 times)

golfmad

I'm now Bi-Lat
« on: November 27, 2020, 08:31:49 AM »
 :)Just comming up to 12 days post op R hip resurfacing. Every thing seems better than normal, I had my L hip resurfaced this time last year. I had put it off, my first op, for 5 years too long. Like every one else I tried sports massage, physio, weights. In the end It just said no more. I'd just hacked my way round nine holes and couldn't get home again.
It was agony. Sitting in the bar after, a friend of mine said why didn't I try BHR. I had no idea what this was. A total hip replacement seemed a bridge too far.
   I researched this and found Mr Treacy, who said he could do it. It was difficult due to outward rotation of the hip, and associated further damage to the hip socket. My muscles had wasted quite badly. After the operation the hardest thing, for two weeks, was getting into and out of bed. I recoved and in September, this year, I was 3 under par, in a good, competition, through 16 holes but my fitness was not up to finishing the round. My right hip was stopping me from training on the tread mill and hurt like mad after 1 mile. No good for a 5 mile golf match.
   I arranged to have my Right hip resurfaced and found a new sports coach. I built up to 5 days a week on the cross trainer, half hour at a time with no pain. Walking was still hard.
   A day after my Right hip, operation I was up and found I could stand and walk unaided. Getting in and out of bed was so easy. I promised my self to use two crutches untill I can walk 4 miles easily. 12 Days and I can do 3/4 of a mile and things feel great. What ever you do dont rush things, I feel way within my comfort zone.
  Just two things, do your home work, and get as fit as you can before the operation.
My goal this year is to do well in the National opens.
  I still have a long way to go. read up all you can on this web site and relax.
Rgds,

dannythebeerman

Re: I'm now Bi-Lat
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 01:03:43 PM »
Good luck and be careful you don't over do it early, there's plenty of time to walk later as your bone heals.
~Danny Hahn

July 2020 Biomet Magnum Trispike, Dr Gross. Needed 5cm3 bone graft behind acetabular cup.  That's a whole lot of packed in bone dust I pray heals.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 09:37:54 AM »
I, too, am now a bi-lat.  Second one was 10/28/2020.

I second Danny's caution to not overdo it too early. 

Good luck on the golf game.  Send some good golfing mojo my way, as I SUCK.

Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Gav

• Preston, Lancashire, England
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 07:27:18 PM »
Me too. Had left hip done last Friday, so 5 days post op.

Not doing too bad. Very swollen and a bit sore. Forgot what to expect as 11 years plus since last one.

Onwards and upwards. :)
4th September 2009, Mr McLauchlan, Preston

DePuy ASR  Right Hip-

No worries now!!!!!!!!!!!

PistolPete

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 12:12:25 PM »
This is really encouraging as I become a BiLat Resurfacer Myself next week.  Anxious about the surgery and recovery.  I feel like I didn't wait as long as I could have with my second one but my range of motion is so bad I can't deal any longer.  I'm not in a ton of pain this time around just can barely bend over.  I'm otherwise in great shape and super strong (lift weight 7 days/week) so I'm hoping my recovery will also be quick.  I won't overdue it though for obvious reasons.

Thanks for sharing your story.

catfriend

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 03:23:20 PM »
On March 1 Dr. Pritchett will turn me into a bilat as well. Seems to be going around...

jimbone

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 03:57:37 PM »
Bionic Cult Thing.  Very Prestigious.  Make sure they show you the secret handshake before discharge.  Best of luck to all.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat