+-

Author Topic: Pain on Rising  (Read 265 times)

raggedymike

Pain on Rising
« on: December 03, 2020, 05:41:47 PM »
Both my hips are resurfaced. The left was done in 2010, right in 2016, both by Dr Edwin Su. I have been very satisfied with both. I have always had occasional pain on rising. It is a sharp but fleeting pain in my hip when I rise from a seated position or straighten out from bending over to wash my face. It was never much of a problem. It now happens less often in my left hip (the earlier one) but my right hip has gotten worse. Keep in mind that I have no pain while sitting and no pain while standing (once the pain of rising has been resolved). I walk four miles every day without a problem. When I rise from a chair it can take a while (let's say a minute) for the pain to resolve and sometimes I need to sit back down and try again. It seems to help if I try to load my hip as soon as possible.

In addition to walking I do about 20 minutes of exercises every day, most of them with an eye toward keeping my hips strong, using exercises from my PT.

I would like to know if anyone else has had a problem like this.

Saddlepal3

Re: Pain on Rising
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 08:33:02 PM »
Hi there,
I have not had the pain that you are experiencing, but from my non-medical perspective, this sounds like a problem to bring to a physical therapist for treatment. Good luck!

jimbone

Re: Pain on Rising
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 01:24:59 AM »
Hi,

I haven't had anything like that since maybe a month or two after my surgeries and neither time was it severe, but worrying and eventually resolved themselves.  Can you describe the nature and location of the pain?  Saddlepal's PT suggestion makes sense if it seems soft tissue/nerve related but it might be worth some imaging and a referral to Dr. Su's office as well.  Best of luck.

Recent Posts

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Accordion Player Pat Webmaster/Owner

Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy

Statcounter

View My Stats