+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Foot pain  (Read 4533 times)

jlodwick

Foot pain
« on: August 25, 2008, 06:06:07 PM »
Has anyone here had foot pain on the bottom of their feet after they start walking with the cane.  I had to be on crutches for 6 weeks then I'm on this cane for 4 weeks.  This is my fourth day on the cane and it seems like when I get up and start walking with my cane the bottom of my foot in the heel area hurts real bad.

Thanks,
Jeff

ahershberger

Re: Foot pain
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 06:30:26 PM »
Jeff:
I too noticed some sore feet after not wearing supportive shoes for so many days in a row particularly with the balls of my feet.  As soon as I began to wear my athletic shoes (with velcro!) my feet felt better.  Worth a try...my physical therapist made the suggestion and said that it is fairly common.
Alison

jlodwick

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 06:42:58 PM »
Alison,
Thanks for the reply.  That could be the problem because I wear dress shoes to work, but it's only a problem with the one foot on the leg I had my hip resurfacing and it's not at the ball of my foot it's at the back of my foot just below my heel every time I take a step and put pressure on it.  Also I had the pain yesterday on the bottom of my foot when I was wearing some comfortable hiking shoes.

Thanks,
Jeff

CITY2SOUTH

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 06:46:25 PM »
Jeff,

I had pain on my heel and right above heel in back. It went away after 2 weeks. I think it is because of none-use..

Lisa
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

jlodwick

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
Thanks Lisa,
I was wondering about that especially since I had to be on the crutches for 6 weeks.  Was there anything that you found helped like walking more, elevating it, putting ice on it?

Jeff

CITY2SOUTH

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 06:57:27 PM »
Jeff,
Nah, just time and walking...

Lisa

ahershberger

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 07:15:51 PM »
BIG difference between house shoes or slippers and regular shoes that we were wearing pre-surgery! Get those real shoes on!!!!
alison

ginnie

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 09:34:10 PM »
try getting some really padded shoes like CROCS. I have a friend with plantar faciatius ,, (it exhibits the same pain you are describing),, since using the crocs she is pain free..  also try streaching the plantar facia (you and find streaches on the internet) .. good luck

jlodwick

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 12:27:34 PM »
Lisa,
You were right!   ;D  Today marks my second week on the cane and my foot pain is gone.  It still swells up a little when I'm sitting down for a while but not nearly as bad.  A couple days ago I noticed the pain in my foot started to get better and today I'm glad to report it's doing much better.

Thanks,
Jeff

CITY2SOUTH

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 12:10:02 AM »
Jeff,

Sorry for the late response, been enjoying the last few weeks of summer...Glad your foot pain is better..It's probably gone by the post...

Lisa
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/6-23-08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz