+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Synovo Preserve Hip Resurfacing System - or alternative in Europe???  (Read 1111 times)

Madmojo

Hello, - this is my first post on the forum!

I am a 50 year old martial artist, - who's been suffering from arthritis in my right hip for the last 10 years.

I been talking to one of the surgeons, here in Europe, - about a MOM implant.

Unfortunately i've been dealing with Neuro Lyme infection that happened four years ago, - and which has left me dealing with different neurological and immune issues, - that make me a bad candidate for the MOM - because of the Metal Ions.
So... I saw Dr. Pritchetts - Synovo Preserve Hip Resurfacing System, - which looks perfect for my needs.
Unfortunately, the a little far off, for me to travel. I'm very close to Belgium and Germany - is there any one in Europe using this particular or a very similar - prosthesis???

I am not too excited about the Ceramic on ceramic, - since it's made from Aluminum oxide, - aluminum is also a neuro toxin unfortunately...

Hope someone can help - thank you!   :) :) :)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Synovo Preserve Hip Resurfacing System - or alternative in Europe???
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 12:29:05 PM »
Hi   I am sorry to hear you have hip problems.
I think I remember Mr. McMinn was developing a similar device to the Synova Preserve. You might email his office and ask.  Might email Dr. De Smet and ask him about it.  He is very knowledgeable about devices. 

I would ask some of the hip resurfacing surgeons.   Here is a page about the poly devices
https://surfacehippy.info/category/hip-resurfacing/hip-resurfacing-devices/poly-on-metal-hip-resurfacing-device/
I think I remember someone else in the Europe using them, but I can't remember.

I wish you the very best.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Maleman

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 03:19:42 AM »
First post for me too.
I was concerned over the MoM and the potential for metalosis. I had my hi resurfaced by Pro Bill Walter down in Australia but used the new Recerf ceramic on ceramic. Its not CE marked yet but in Australia we can apply to our Therapeutic Goods Admin for new implants. Fortunately they said yes but there is only about 18 months of data on them so I'm a happy guinea pig!

Slightly less than two weeks ago but hip feels great, the quad they must have levered out of the way feels like someone beat it with a stock though.

MatOrtho make it and they do a metal on meta and the ceramic used has a 12 year history in hip replacement so I don't feel its a complete gamble. The fact that they don't do MoM total hips hardly at all anymore makes me feel I'm on the right track.

https://www.matortho.com/recerf-ceramic-hip-resurfacing/

Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 03:20:33 AM by Maleman »

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 10:24:33 AM »
I would also contact Dr. De Smet's office.  He's also a member of the Facebook group that is affiliated with this site.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/208347445864974

If you tag him in that group, he'll probably respond.  Either way, that's a good, relatively local, option.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat