+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Anyone had hip message after surgery  (Read 3244 times)

John P

Anyone had hip message after surgery
« on: August 25, 2008, 07:05:19 PM »
Hi,

Just a question I thought I would throw out. I am nearly 3 months post op and wondering if anyone has started message therapy to the hip area to loosen up tight muscles and help with stretches.
At what stage is it recommended to start message therapy. It is a great way of loosening muscles normally but after hip resurfacing ?????.

Look forward to any comments.

John P

John C

Re: Anyone had hip message after surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 03:16:59 AM »
With the Doctors permission, I asked my wife to start gentle massage at 2 weeks, and it was great :) We were very careful to stay away from the incision for awhile, and nothing too deep. At five weeks, I started working with a sports massage person who specializes in surgical recovery, and this also worked out very well. I would recommend massage anytime after the first couple of weeks, but be very careful about who you use, and how deep they intend to go at first.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

John P

Re: Anyone had hip message after surgery
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 10:45:56 AM »

John,

I went for a good 1/2 hour message today with soccer club Physio. He worked on my gluts, quads ( they have disappeared) I.T band and groin area. It felt great & not to deep. I did a stretching session about two hours after and felt really good.

I am going to incorporate 2 messages per week into my routine as the Physio told me with pool excercises and walking this should really help recovery at the stage I am at.

John P

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat