+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Notching and fragmentation of the femoral neck  (Read 786 times)

joshb7_

Notching and fragmentation of the femoral neck
« on: March 01, 2021, 10:14:45 AM »
After three years of trying to seek answers for my unsatisfactory outcome of my BHR I have seen many consultants are all MRI, X-rays and CT scans have showed that my hip is adequately positioned so the consultants have found no reason for my impingement. Psoas was ruled out as a cause also.

I recently had a had a CT Spect Scan which was reported as the following:   Intensely active notching and fragmentation of the femoral neck adjacent to the resurfacing is in keeping with some periprosthetic erosion medially. Otherwise acceptable postoperative appearances in the right hip.

Finally the impingement has been exposed in a scan. Has anyone seen or heard about anything like this and what usually is the way to resolve this to be able to return to an active and sporty life?????

jimbone

Re: Notching and fragmentation of the femoral neck
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 06:09:35 PM »
Josh-

I don't have any answer for you but if you haven't already I would try forwarding your imaging to Dr. Pritchett in Seattle and get his opinion.  His insight to anatomy is deep and extensive and a way forward might be seen.  Best wishes.

dannythebeerman

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 04:39:30 PM »
Have you tried a consult with some of the doctors predominately mentioned on this site?
~Danny Hahn

July 2020 Biomet Magnum Trispike, Dr Gross. Needed 5cm3 bone graft behind acetabular cup.  That's a whole lot of packed in bone dust I pray heals.

joshb7_

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 04:31:06 PM »
Have consulted a handful and the main conclusion is just to live with it as there is nothing structurally wrong to go in and fix. I cannot comprehend how I can have notching and impingement yet the scans suggest the correct positioning, no psoas issue etc...

Surely if I leave it, wont it just get worse and possible lead to further pain and possible fracture?

Has anyone had a revision or their socket revised?

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 10:28:34 AM »
I do believe some on here have and acetabular cup revisions.  I agree that Drs. Pritchett, Gross, or Brooks would be great to consult with.  Pritchett and Gross take on a lot of difficult patients.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat