+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Throbbing pain 7yrs in  (Read 690 times)

Annasdad

Throbbing pain 7yrs in
« on: July 23, 2021, 09:00:07 AM »
Hey folks
I had my hip resurfaced in Nov 2014 when I was only 35. Everything went great! Pain was gone, I healed and recovered quickly and life was awesome! Now I am having this pain (tolerable, but still pain) that is kind of a light constant throb in the hip and radiates down the leg a little to the knee, but only when I am NOT putting weight on it.
I made an appt for Monday, but I was just curious if anyone else has had similar issues.
Thanks so much.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Throbbing pain 7yrs in
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2021, 09:04:00 AM »
I am sorry to hear that. Sometimes it is bursitis. But I am not a doctor and only a doctor can tell you what is going on. I hope for your sake it is something muscle related. Let us know how things are going.
I wish you the best.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

jimbone

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this difficulty.  The consultation will hopefully give you some peace of mind regarding the source of your symptoms.  I'd like to ask, does the pain radiate down the outside of your leg and terminate at the knee or continue all the way to your foot?  I ask because one of my primary symptoms before surgery was very tight IT bands that reacted as you described.  I used a lot of stretching and a foam roller to relieve that but it took surgery to fix it.  Now it takes regular daily maintenance but it's completely under control.  Can you tell me what kind of stretching/exercise routine you usually do and does it provide any relief?  Best wishes and keep us informed.

Annasdad

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 11:56:14 AM »
It kinda just stops at the knee and it’s predominantly on the inside of the leg. As far as stretching, I don’t do any stretching specifically to relieve the pain. I do stretch and foam role before/after activity, but I haven’t tried to as a remedy mainly because it’s only when no weight is on it. You think that could help?
I have my appt in about an hour and will ask them about stretching those out. I’ll update with what they say. Thanks for the reply.

jimbone

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 10:01:16 AM »
Do let us know what you learn from the appointment.  It is odd the pain would only be there without weight on it and, strictly in my experience, suggests a muscle/soft tissue condition that might be relieved with PT but best to get a professional evaluation and imaging if appropriate.   Good luck.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 12:16:55 PM »
Well?  Don't leave us hanging......
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal