+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 Years Left / 15 Years Right -- checking in  (Read 1139 times)

Clarkefan

8 Years Left / 15 Years Right -- checking in
« on: September 29, 2021, 09:10:26 AM »
Hello folks... it has been many years since visiting this forum but wanted to update that things are still going great. As noted, I had my right hip resurfaced by Dr. Mont 15 years ago and my left 8 years ago. I seldom if ever think about them and continue to be as active and engaged as ever. I'm in the gym most days either doing 3 miles on the treadmill or 30 minutes on the bike. I continue with my abductor/adductor exercises and stretch several times a week. At 56, I've stopped kickboxing training, but that was more from time limitations and a desire to pursue other interests.

The only time it really comes to mind is passing through metal detectors (still set them off routinely).

In summary, I feel great and wish everyone well if they are thinking of having it done. I'm VERY pleased with the results. 

Best...

LarryBud

Re: 8 Years Left / 15 Years Right -- checking in
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 06:27:58 AM »
Thank you for checking in and it;s great that your living an active life.

I'm having my first one done in a month ( Nov 3 ).  I'm pleased to see you rarely think of them.  I'm pretty uncomfortable with the whole idea of new body parts but here I go.  Stories like yours give me confidence to charge ahead.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 08:45:13 AM »
Great to hear reports like this.  I'm at 11 years (R) and 10 months (L).  Other than some lingering range of motion limitations on my new one (I'm not stretching enough), I never think about them either.

LarryBud, it's hard to explain to someone who's dealt with constant, lingering pain what a life changer this is.  When you wake up, that constant, deep ache down in your groin will be gone.  Just....gone.  Sure, there's the initial pain and trauma of the surgery, but that is fleeting.  In six months it'll be a memory, and in a year you'll be back doing anything you want to.
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

23109VC

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 12:06:24 PM »
LarryBud, it's hard to explain to someone who's dealt with constant, lingering pain what a life changer this is.  When you wake up, that constant, deep ache down in your groin will be gone.  Just....gone.  Sure, there's the initial pain and trauma of the surgery, but that is fleeting.  In six months it'll be a memory, and in a year you'll be back doing anything you want to.

I know EXACTLY what you mean.  I had my left hip resurfaced by Dr. Gross in 2011.  Prior to the surgery I was in 24/7 pain.  It was awful.  Even in bed at night trying to go to sleep - it would just pound and pound - it was horrible.  After the surgery, the hip pain was GONE.  Yes I had some minor pain from the surgery - but to live my life day in and day out - without any pain - it is life changing.

I told Dr. Gross he gave me my life back.  So true!
Sean
Dr. Gross- Left Hip - 2/23/11, Right Hip 7/19/23

phillwad

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 06:50:10 PM »
I am 11 years since I had mine done, March/Aug same year.
Sleeping without a pillow between my knees, no clunking when I walk, snow ploughing possible when sking, trail running without pain, kayaking without pain.
XC skied 400 miles last year and hoping to do even more this season.
Running 2 or 3 times a week, including treadmill hill/sprint repeats once a week.
So glad I got both done - such an improvement
Phill

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat