+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: A Fantastic Surgery Experience  (Read 1327 times)

RollerHockeyDan

A Fantastic Surgery Experience
« on: October 12, 2021, 08:52:58 AM »
I had my surgery at Midlands yesterday and the super-surgeon doctor Gross just visited me and cleared me for trip home. He is a total Pro. I have absolutely no pain and feel fantastic! My experience at Midlands Surgery was better than excellent of all excellence. In EVERY way, from the building and cleanliness to the state of the art equipment to all the amazing members, Midlands is the pinnacle of magnificence. Outstanding nurses, surgeons and technicians. From check-in to departure, every person I met was knowledgeable, helpful, capable, compassionate, warm and friendly. I never experienced such a smooth-running, efficient organization with so genuine people and such a warm caring atmosphere. Thank-you to everyone especially my ultra-superb nurses Andy, Terri and the lovely nurse  and gentle man who’s name I forget. And all other fine people I met while awake or asleep  in this exceptional surgery center. I feel so extremely fortunate to have the opportunity to be helped by Midlands. A HUGE Thank-you to Doctor Gross and Doctor Webb. They are truly the BEST of the best. But their surgical skill and abilities aren’t their only talents. They have helped create the very best surgery center in world!

LarryBud

Re: A Fantastic Surgery Experience
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2021, 05:49:28 AM »
Thanks Dan,

I'll be there, under the knife, three weeks from today.  It sounds like they do a great job.  I hope it's not just the pain meds talking. 

Your feedback is in line with others have shared.  They have it down up front and the long term results ( most important ) are great as well.  I'd love to hear more as you travel the recovery road.  Please keep sharing the good and the challenges.

PalmettoGolfer

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 10:28:49 PM »
I was lucky enough to have my resurfacing done with Dr. Gross as well (5/17).  I would say your experience mirrored mine.  I couldn't say enough about all the staff and the process itself.

Just follow the instructions they give you and you'll have a wonderful recovery as well. 

Good luck and take your time.  It's wonderful to be without pain again.

imgetinold

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 12:20:40 PM »
I'll chime in there LarryBud and say that it is not hyperbole.  He is exactly right.  You'd be hard pressed to find a more efficient and excellent surgical experience anywhere.  They are simply the best.  Good luck to you (not that you need it).
Andy
- Right Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 1/11/2012
- Left Biomet uncemented HR with Dr. Gross on 10/28/2020

BOILER UP!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 08:16:26 AM »
Congratulations on your new hip resurfacing. I wish you the best on your road to recovery. Dr. Gross certainly is one of the best hip resurfacing surgeons in the US.  Looking forward to your updates.   Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

LarryBud

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2021, 09:28:37 AM »
Rather than starting my own thread, I'll pile on to this one.  I returned last night from my recent surgery.

Dan did a fine job of describing the process.  I will admit, the air travel back home on day two took it out of me but well worth the effort to be back home. 

Don't let distance keep you from a pro like Dr. Gross.  They don't " dabble " in hips like the local surgeons.... It's what they do and they're really good at it.

I will be diligently following the prescribed recovery plan and I look forward to an excellent outcome. 

Thanks to all the pre op support from this forum!!!

PalmettoGolfer

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 09:32:52 PM »
Awesome LarryBud!  They sure do know what they're doing at Midlands.  I was hitting golf balls at 6 weeks (probably could have done it earlier) and I followed the recovery plan designated for me.  I'm not the most patient person in the world but I figured, although the process was great, I don't want to do it again because of doing something dumb.

I'm sure you'll do great!

Keep us posted

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM