+-

Author Topic: Sensation of warmth at times upon running.  (Read 132 times)

autoazure

• Prof Meek, Glasgow, 09/10/19, 58mm 52mm head
Sensation of warmth at times upon running.
« on: January 08, 2022, 02:49:16 PM »
I run about 55 miles per week subsequent to my resurfacing more than 2 years' ago. Ofter I have the sensation of warmth in my hip, anyone else experienced this?

jimbone

Re: Sensation of warmth at times upon running.
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 10:54:04 PM »
Recent ion check?  Neither a runner or BHR recipient but I'd be talking with my surgeon.

Minniemuis

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2022, 01:59:19 AM »
This came up when we had a consultation with Dr Desmet a few months ago. We asked advice for my husband regarding an MoM resurfacing. As he still ran at high level, the possible outcome for running after the surgery was discussed. Dr Desmet told us that basically there are no restrictions after a resurfacing surgery, but in practice, running turned out to be almost the only activity that they have less positive outcomes. He said that some (not all) patients reports issues, which he thought were caused by the device warming up due to the repetitive movement. (at least, this is how I understood). He hoped that this would not be an issue with the ceramic resurfacing.

I have been keeping an eye out for runners with the CoC, but since the device is not yet officially approved, I have not found many. I know of a female triathlete in Sweden, but apart from her, not many competitive runners. If you know any, please let me know.

autoazure

• Prof Meek, Glasgow, 09/10/19, 58mm 52mm head
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 04:07:53 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I looked at some research that concludes that a temperature increase of up to 6 degrees Celsius has been recorded in some studies relating to a metal on metal resurfacing during exercise. This is rather concerning as it may lead to damage of the surrounding tissue. I have a theory that the warm sensation I sometimes experience (no too often) is due to nerve reaction. I sometimes feel a warm sensation in the front of my shin. I would appreciate more information on such as I do not want to reduce my running mileage.

Recent Posts

Re: Questions about resurfacing surgery by LarryBud
January 16, 2022, 05:55:14 AM

Re: And Just Like That....what did Carrie have done? by catfriend
January 13, 2022, 05:21:28 PM

Re: Sensation of warmth at times upon running. by autoazure
January 13, 2022, 04:07:53 PM

Re: Dr. Bose - not able to get a reply by BionicHip
January 13, 2022, 01:18:20 PM

Advertisements

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear