+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 'Groin pull' type pain  (Read 2248 times)

rbrill

'Groin pull' type pain
« on: September 06, 2008, 05:02:52 PM »
I am 5 months post op and have had consistent pain similar to a groin pull.   Is this common/normal?  Are there exercises I can d to help?

hipshot

Re: 'Groin pull' type pain
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:03:33 PM »
rbrill
My response is because I have the same pain but have not had my surgery yet.
My pain came on fast like a groin injurey and has been the same for the past two years.
I have had a couple grion injuries in the past and it is almost the exact same pain.
 I have a conference call with Dr. Bose  this week and I will ask him why my pain came on so fast and why my xrays show only moderate problems.
I went over six months believing I had a groin injrery and still not sure why this moderate arthritic hip came on fast and has continued to be soooo sore.
I will also ask Dr. Bose why some post op patients like your self have cointinued grion pain. Maybe there is some connection in the nervs that are sending the pain?
If any body else has had similar problems it would be nice to know.
I will let you know what Bose said if it is any help.

Kevin H

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:16:12 PM »
I started similar pain shortly after surgery (BHR - 12/06) and has continued since..... :(

TomBuell

• Right Birmingham Hip Resurfacing 7/1/08
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 09:02:51 AM »
I had similar groin pain after surgery, but mainly when doing leg lifts and knee lifts. It slowly went away as I regained strength.
- Tom
RBHR 7/1/08

hipshot

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 08:58:55 PM »
I started similar pain shortly after surgery (BHR - 12/06) and has continued since..... :(

Kevin are you saying you have constant groin pain two years after surgery was your surgery considered a success?? Just curious , I wouldn't be happy if It was me.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 11:00:13 PM »
Sometimes people have groin pain many months after surgery.  Some people manage to do different exercises, pool therapy and PT to solve their problems while a few have a very difficult time getting rid of it.

I have a page dedicated to groin pain and what works for some people

http://www.surfacehippy.info/groinpain.php

I am not a doctor and can't add much more than solutions that have worked for other people.  I have heard that if the hip device is not placed just right - it can cause groin pain too.  That information is from a doctor, but I don't have any articles about it. It is just from comments that have been made at various times.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

ginnie

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 04:26:33 PM »
have you had a recent set of xrays to make sure you arent regrowing bone around the acetablum ? just curious.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat