+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: HIP ANGLE CONTRAINDICATION FOR RESURFACING???  (Read 1275 times)

RUSS H.

HIP ANGLE CONTRAINDICATION FOR RESURFACING???
« on: September 18, 2008, 01:01:33 PM »
 I WAS TOLD THAT THE ANGLE OF THE NECK AND CONDYLE TO MY FEMUR BONE IS A LITTLE LESS THAN IDEAL FOR RESURFACING.  THE METAL CAP AND PIN WOULD HAVE TO BE PLACED AT A LESS THAN IDEAL ANGLE WITH THE NECK AND COULD LEAD TO FRACTURE OF THE NECK YEARS DOWN THE LINE.  HAS ANYBODY HEARD OF THIS POSSIBLE PROBLEM. ?  I CAN STILL HAVE THE RESURFACING.  IT'S NOT OUT THE QUESTION AND MY SURGEON WILL DO IT,  BUT I DON'T WANT A REVISION TOO SOON EITHER.   

obxpelican

Re: HIP ANGLE CONTRAINDICATION FOR RESURFACING???
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 01:10:34 PM »
I would bet that most will agree with me, get 2nd and 3rd opinions and MAKE SURE that the doctor who will be performing your hip resurfacing is very experienced and has done hundreds, if not thousands of resurfacing surgeries.

A fracture can be extremely painful so for that reason make sure that resurfacing is doable in your case.

I've never heard of that condition, but I bet Pat or Vicky have.

Gest of luck to you.
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: HIP ANGLE CONTRAINDICATION FOR RESURFACING???
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 02:53:59 PM »
Hi

I would definitely encourage you to get input from some of the really experinced surgeons.  Whenever there is a difficult problem, it is always good to hear from the doctors that have done a thousand surgeries.  They have seen many of the difficult hips and sucessfully, in most cases, performed a hip resurfacing.

What surgeon are you working with? How many hip resurfacings have they done?

You can get free consultations from the really experineced surgeons - if you email them and tell them about your problem.  Normally they ask for digital copies of your x-rays which you can attach to an email via a .jpg.     You can take digital photos of your x-rays if they are not in a digital format.

How old are you?

You definitely want the hip device placed properly or you could experience problems in the future.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat