+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: work up until surgery ?  (Read 2026 times)

mitch

work up until surgery ?
« on: October 03, 2008, 10:32:24 AM »
I was just curious if everyone worked right up untill they had surgery ?
Mitch

B.I.L.L.

Re: work up until surgery ?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 11:20:03 AM »
I'm self employed so no choice for me, I was doing paperwork/organizing sunday night before my 5:30am monday morning surgery, and handling phone calls from the hospital bed on tuesday ::)  If you can get paid time off, go for it !   But if you have limited vacation/sick days, I'd save them for after surgery.

obxpelican

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 11:29:09 AM »
I am a self employed contractor.... I worked up until near my surgery.  Good luck getting a doctor to sign off on disability for you, it's like they are paying your policy.  Like Bill said, save your personal and vacation days for post-op if you can.   

I think most people do work up until their surgeries.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Big Bill

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 11:59:07 AM »
Big Bill here.... worked right up until my procedure. I had taken out a short and long term disability plan that helped out alot during my post period. My Doc had no problem with signing the  particular papers/paperwork. I returned to work yesterday!

Big Bill    C.A.S.H.   7/9/08       8)

blmjumper

• Hope is not a strategy
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 12:19:20 PM »
I plan on it....why not? Save those sick days for recovery and "bad days" afterwards.

mitch

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 12:56:08 PM »
I was just curious, I work for a big aerospace company and we have pretty decent benny''s. I get up to 6 months off at 40 hours pay. I'm pretty Blessed in that area. I don't want to be the only weenie that took off before surgery lol
Mitch

blmjumper

• Hope is not a strategy
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 02:29:35 PM »
Now I understand.

I was thinking from more of an ability to work perspective.

If things are slow at work for me, I plan on taking a few days before my op to go have some fun and try not to think about the upcoming event (Dec. 1). Nothing weenie about that in my mind.

6 mo at 40 hr....nice. That is a good package.

Good luck when the day comes.

obxpelican

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 03:01:51 PM »
Mitch,

If you're in pain and can get off GO FOR IT!!!    We'll still call you a weenie though    ;)

Hope it all works out for you, most everybody does really well.

Chuck

I was just curious, I work for a big aerospace company and we have pretty decent benny''s. I get up to 6 months off at 40 hours pay. I'm pretty Blessed in that area. I don't want to be the only weenie that took off before surgery lol
Mitch
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Barbara

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 12:04:48 AM »
My surgery is scheduled for Mon Oct 13th and I am working a 12 hr shift on Fri 10th Oct. I have been finding it very difficult doing 12 hr shifts recently but I am planning on taking 3+months off after my surgery.
I'm a nurse and I guess I've been lucky, i've never had to take time off because of my hip problem except for 1 day after I had steroid injections into my joints, due to the pain. I probably should have taken more time off but have been saving all my sick time to cover the period after surgery.
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat